Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Sellers tactics. Lets hear the ridiculous

RE: Sellers tactics. Lets hear the ridiculous
I got a good one.
A while back I was putting together a player collection for a hockey guy drafted by the local club, but still playing in the minors. I had bought the 1/1 auto/patch card for under $50 delivered. One day, someone listed the regular,one color jersey /auto version on the bay....for $200 + shipping!!!! I offered $40 , pointing out the patch version only sold for that, and got auto-declined. A few months go by.... seller just keeps listing it, still at $200. I make another offer for $50 and get auto-declined.

TWO YEARS GO BY.......seller just keeps relisting it at $200.....The player plays his first game in the NHL... SOMEONE HITS THE B.I.N!!!!!!!! Same buyer also hits the B.I.N. on another card of the same guy also listed at twice what I had already bought one for. I figure they're both gone now into a PC, never to be seen again....

A FEW WEEKS LATER, I see the cards at the local flea market, for about 1/4 the price they sold for online!! After buying them, and a few other cards the guy had I get the story on the cards.

Turns out this card shop has a guy who speculates like mad on cards. He makes HUGE impulse buys of cards off the bay, and then tries to flip them for quick cash. Problem is, he ALWAYS ends up selling his cards to this guy at a loss..so 2 cards that sold online for $250 were then bought by me for about 50 bucks!

''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sellers tactics. Lets hear the ridiculous - by jaykayzee - 02-24-2013, 10:09 AM