`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Wife complaining about Card Collecting

RE: Wife complaining about Card Collecting
I think that brings up a good reason to have documentation on our collections of just how much it's worth and how much to reasonably expect to get from selling it should something happen to us. The best option to have would be to pass it down within the family to a member that loves collecting as much as we do. If that weren't an option the easiest thing to do is have a trustworthy friend who has knowledge of collecting to be able to handle the selling of the collection should there be no one to pass it on to. If that's also not a option, itemizing at least the big cards within our collection would be the best option to have so that immediate family could know what's in the collection. I haven't thought about it to in depth but I would like to hear others ideas. I would just hate for my wife to get low balled for my collection from some shady dealer in the case that something happened to me.

Getting back on topic... my wife is understanding of my collection. The way I've explained it is that every man needs to have his hobby whether it be restoring cars, motorcycles, hunting, guns, snowboarding, golf or whatever else. All of it costs money and that's what it boils down to. As long as I'm honest and reasonable about it (money spent) she doesn't mind my collecting. She has her spending and I have mine. One helpful thing is that her dad has always collected military memorabilia from Civil War to WWII (and has a quite impressive collection) so she somewhat understands it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wife complaining about Card Collecting - by JRMdawg311 - 02-04-2013, 12:03 AM