`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mickey Mantle Collection plus

RE: Mickey Mantle Collection plus
(01-08-2013, 11:24 PM)BombersBest Wrote: The blogs I've read say that all the one time better vintage sports card graders and vintage autograph graders at PSA all left them. Maybe because the vintage sports card & autographs have become a rare commodity for PSA. Perhaps for all grading service companies today. That was enough to scare me away from PSA grading my mantle cards and all other post 50's & 60's cards I have.

I have noticed vintage cards especially Mickeys cards are selling at auctions more than triple plus PSA's posted values for NM-8, 9's and Gem mint 10's. Whats up with that? I really didn't get into the fee schedule at the auction houses.... yet. And I'm guessing buyers at the auctions are the elite big money players from the numbers I'm seeing there.

There is big hype over PSA & Mastro due to the altering of the Honus Wagner card. There are many collectors that prefer PSA, some think they draw more premium prices.
Stick with the big 3 grading companies: Beckett, PSA, SGC
Others are considered 'overgraded" and just hand out 10's for anything.
I, myself have all 3 and other companies. You could do your own set registry too.
There are several good auction houses. To name a few; Heritage, Goodwin, Mastro, Mile High, Memory Lane, REA, Sotheby, Legendary, Clean Sweep, Sterling, Old Judge, and many others.

Off topic, do you have any of them, not considering grading, that are raw, really low condition that are for sale....I had to ask?

Please post scans of your collection..So we can see it. You can use Photobucket, just copy/paste the image link here. Most people use scanners for better pics too.
Collecting ROOKIE CARDS 40-60's, 25 Gehrig, fancraze-wagner

Messages In This Thread
Mickey Mantle Collection plus - by BombersBest - 01-08-2013, 12:20 PM
RE: Mickey Mantle Collection plus - by pawpawdiv9 - 01-08-2013, 05:38 PM
RE: Mickey Mantle Collection plus - by pawpawdiv9 - 01-09-2013, 05:05 PM