RE: 2012 Bowman Draft 10 case break and contest thread [CONTEST #2 OPEN]
Case #2, Box #12

Joseph Almaraz Blue /500
Jeffrey Wendelken Blue /500
John Silviano Orange /250
Dallas Keuchel Gold Refractor /50
D. J. Davis Auto

Grade: C-
Comments: Done with case #2. Second contest will begin at 8. Very few entries so far, so great odds for the contestants who were alert!

Case #2 Summary 841

Grade: B-
Comments: I’m pretty ticked about missing three autos, but I had maybe ten cards worth $10-$20, plus an Almora auto, a blue refractor auto, and the big orange auto hit. It’s worth noting that the prices have come down on this product in the last few days, and I’m not sure they should be.

(12-01-2012, 04:49 PM)nickkniseley Wrote: I'm not sure how cases work in terms of autos and whatnot - but do they usually limit the number of autos or hits if the case hit is a really good one, to try and even out the case? Or do they not really pay that much attention to that? It would suck to miss out on those autos and not get anything big to make up for it.

There is definitely a negative correlation between the quality of hits within a case. That is, if I hit an orange refractor auto and a blue refractor auto in the first two boxes, I can pretty safely bet that I'll be getting mostly base autos in the rest of the boxes.

But Topps *guarantees* at least one auto per box, so that part shouldn't be affected, if that makes sense.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2012 Bowman Draft 10 case break and contest thread [CONTEST #2 OPEN] - by pyweed - 12-01-2012, 05:06 PM