`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
It finally happened! Shipping Issue

RE: It finally happened! Shipping Issue
PWE have a very high chance of receiving a damaged card... some sellers (new sellers) will ship cards without a toploader or using the old ultra holders, that are very flimsy.. I received a couple of those in 2007... a Lady was selling her son's early 90's cards... every card received was damaged.. 7 cards shipped in PWE.

Sellers think they are saving themselves money & offering lower shipping costs by using PWE... but they are setting themselves up for failure... Postal Clerks don't care about your mail. heck, UPS & FEDEX employees don't care about your packages... Walmart employees recently got in trouble for throwing LCD TV's onto the floor.. nobody cares about other people's stuff.

I think those people that charge $5 or more for shipping are trying to make a couple extra bucks off shipping charges... now, if it is a high dollar card, say $200+ (I picked $200 because not all of on Beckett are rich).. I would not worry about paying $5 shipping, if it was insured & properly packaged..
For domestic shipping, there is not a big difference between First Class & Priority Mail... maybe 1-3 days, maybe.

I served in the Navy & was responsible for my ship's Postal Operations for 4 years. I am familiar with most international shipping policies, at least those countries that I've visited to.

I have never heard of USPS charging extra for a PWE if you write "do not bend" on it. I did not learn that is the schooling I have regarding USPS. I have shipped items (picturers & other documents) in PWE & always write 'do not bend" on them... the Postal Clerks never tell me I have to pay extra..

Only time I've been questions about the items I've shipped, in regards to postage... was when using bubble mailers... I was told it has to be 1/4" thick...

All my cards I ship with toploaders & two pieces of cardboard on each side to protect them... especially if they are jersey/patch cards... those get ruined very easily.. even, if you write "do not bend" on the envelope/bubble-mailer.. trust me.. Out of all the "letter/auto" cards I have purchased, I received 3-4 that had creases that were caused during shipping...

Sellers should ship cards how they want to receive the cards they buy or trade for..

NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

Messages In This Thread
RE: It finally happened! Shipping Issue - by jpleazme805 - 11-17-2012, 09:25 PM