2012 Bowman Chrome 5 Case Break and Contest Thread [CONTESTS CLOSED]

RE: 2012 Bowman Chrome 5 Case Break and Contest Thread [CONTESTS CLOSED]
Case #5, Box #12

Irving Falu Blue Refractor /250
Jamal Austin Purple Refractor /199
Zeke DeVoss Auto
John Hellweg Gold Refractor Auto /50

Grade: B
Comments: Nice colored auto finish, but wrong subject. Congratulations to natejeffries, who held on to the contest win! I’ll PM you with instructions for your shopping spree.

Case #5 Summary

Grade: C
Comments: Well, I was right when I guessed that it would be downhill from the first box of this case. It’s hard to top an orange auto, after all, and unfortunately, my lesser hits never seemed to be the right subjects. Still, I got average value overall.

Case Break Summary

Grade: B-
Comments: On another site there is a poll with well over 100 respondents, soliciting grades for this product. B and C are the two most popular responses, by far, and I agree that someplace between these grades is about where 2012 Bowman Chrome should be placed. There is some really good value to be had – the auto checklist is pretty deep, the purple non-auto refractors look nice, the prospect variations are a good idea (though executed poorly), and the rookie auto and black auto inserts are nice bonuses. I’m also looking forward to some Blue Wave packs. Add it all up and I could easily justify paying $750 for a case of this product. Of course, the prices have actually dropped a bit since release, so under $700 can be had at the moment. I might have chosen to buy some more except that I’m saving for Draft and Sterling. The A and A+ products get so much buzz that the prices go through the roof. A product like this one, someplace between a B and C, gets less attention, and might last a while as a pretty good bargain.

Well, I’m off to sort chrome. I’ll skim the best part of the break for my PC, sell extra sets and lots on a famous auction website, and send singles to a famous online consignment shop. Hope you enjoyed the break!

Nathan

[Image: case5-1.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2012 Bowman Chrome 5 Case Break and Contest Thread [CONTESTS CLOSED] - by pyweed - 10-20-2012, 11:30 PM