`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Just to get an overall feel...What do you think is the worst part of this hobby?

RE: Just to get an overall feel...What do you think is the worst part of this hobby?
Let's see:

Event worn memorabilia.

"Memorabilia" which is "not from any specific game, event, or season"

Questionable "game worn memorabilia

The fact that if someone actually did cut up an actual game worn jersy of a Hall of Famer its actually kind of awful. Even cutting up a game worn jersey of a scrub kind of sucks. As bad as the manufactured memorabilia and event worn stuff is its less awful that chopping up real items.

Pack Searchers looking for memorabilia cards

So i would scrap all memorabilia cards all together and go with only autographs. Autograph cards are cool except:

having so many autographs that players are "signing" an almost illegible initial or something.

Paying $100+ for a box and getting one autograph card of a late round draft pick of a rookie who is spending all of his time signing autographs and some lousy "event worn" memorabilia cards

sticker autograph cards

Looking through the $2.50 box at the LCS and realizing that most of the stuff in there is better than many of your recent "hits" from boxes.

The fact that Upper Deck has an exclusive license for college football and doesn't have an NFL license.

The fact that only Panini and Topps have NFL licenses but do not have college licenses.

The fact that Press Pass and SAGE have licenses from nobody other than the players. Especially bad with Press Pass who generally does a good job in card design and features on card autographs

The fact that Benchwarmer which makes cards of women whose main clam to "fame" is appearing anonymously in a beer commercials can come up with better designs for autograph cards than Panini or Topps.

The fact that everyone is trying to make a profit off of you

Never pulling cards of your favorite team.

The fact that they don't have autograph cards of all of the players you really want who you remember from the 1980s.

Working in an office building which is almost right next door to a Target which has actually yielded some good pulls for me and frequently puts out discounted product

Living only a few blocks away from a Local Card Shop

Too much temptation to buy more cards thanks to those past two

The fact that I still can't find my football cards from my childhood - sure, most of that mid 1980s stuff probably isn't worth very much, but I don't know why I could find all of my baseball cards but only a couple of the football cards. I know i bought more football cards than that as a child. I also had some basketball cards, but who cares about basketball?

Making enough good pulls that i don't get fed up with buying boxes.

Dud boxes.

And of course, not having more money to buy more cards and boxes.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just to get an overall feel...What do you think is the worst part of this hobby? - by ZSDOne - 10-19-2012, 05:22 PM