Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PSA:Cut out Ginter Box Tops now inserted in Frames

RE: PSA:Cut out Ginter Box Tops now inserted in Frames
My two cents.

I've been cutting cards out of boxes for the past 42 years. I would never sell one. They are part of my collection and I DO feel like I have a rare card. How many people have a Brooks Robinson blank back actual size from a 1970 box of Kellogg's cereal or a Frank Robinson from the following year. Heck back in the 60s we were cutting them off the backs of the Post Cereal boxes and Jello boxes. I don't think mine are all that much different and I know mine are not worth anything but they are worth something to me. They are oddball additions to my player collections.

Maybe the buyer wanted a "rare" card. However, I seriously doubt he would pay that much for one if he wasn't clearly misled. Shame on him for not reading the fine print.

Shame also on the seller. As others pointed out, he did clearly state in his disclaimer what he was selling for anyone who would take the time to read it. I do believe he will get burned down the road. Probably in the afterlife when he goes to a very, very hot place.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Messages In This Thread
RE: PSA:Cut out Ginter Box Tops now inserted in Frames - by zeprock - 08-05-2012, 04:55 PM