`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebay - Your Opinion (mini rant)

RE: Ebay - Your Opinion (mini rant)
Yep Chris you're right, automatic 5 for free shipping.

I'm not saying it's right, but buyers have gotten to where they expect FREE shipping, mostly due to eBay pushing this on sellers so they those items get better exposure. If you do charge something for shipping, most buyers expect to pay no more than what the postage label says, ie a 3 ounce package costs $1.64 on Paypal, so they should pay no more than that.

Again, I'm not saying it's right, but it's just how it is now. I also agree with Chris that $3.50 is pretty high, even shipping a graded card. Buyers don't like having to pay for your shipping supplies or time to package, they feel it should already be calculated into your operating cost.

Just as an example, I sell Knives and Survival/Outdoor Gear. I've got just over 50 items in my store and maybe 2 have shipping cost because they're low margin items and I have to(even with those, I charge less than it actually costs me to ship), the rest are free shipping, with the amount it costs to pack and ship each item already figured into the buy it now price.
[Image: Evil_Dead2.gif]

Messages In This Thread
Ebay - Your Opinion (mini rant) - by dmasci - 05-22-2012, 01:56 PM
RE: Ebay - Your Opinion (mini rant) - by ceocards - 05-22-2012, 02:38 PM
RE: Ebay - Your Opinion (mini rant) - by phoenixrising34 - 05-22-2012, 03:10 PM
RE: Ebay - Your Opinion (mini rant) - by melcmd - 05-22-2012, 03:31 PM
RE: Ebay - Your Opinion (mini rant) - by motu79 - 05-22-2012, 03:38 PM
RE: Ebay - Your Opinion (mini rant) - by dmasci - 05-22-2012, 07:00 PM