`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is trading activity to an all time low?

RE: Is trading activity to an all time low?
My trading has definitely went way down, and not because I don't want to trade. I only really go after a few things, Chris Johnson, Titans/Oilers, and Bama Alum. I will however trade for anything sometimes if I like it, or if it helps to get a trade done for my main wants. I will sometime find something just to help someone out if I know they are a player or team collector and I have something they need.

My main problem is most of my cards for trade are in the $10 - $40 range and people don't seem to want any of those guys. Most of what I want to trade for is in that same range, but it's difficult for me to find something I want and the other person to find something they want. I don't know how many times I've sent a trade requesting 6 cards totaling $60 - $80, and I get an offer back for one of my $60 - $80 cards. If I don't take it, they cancel. I just can't trade a Jerry Rice auto or something similar for 6 $10 - $15 cards. I guess if you're not a team/player collector, you don't see any value in lower end cards.

I spend a ton of time sending trade offers. I used to complete probably 50% of what I would send out. Now, it's more like 10% - 20% at best. I've probably even annoyed a couple of people by sending them offers on a few occasions, because I get a few new cards and hope to be able to work something out or have something new they want.

The post office is not an issue for me, as I buy my bubble mailers in bulk online and use Paypal to ship. It's all much cheaper that way.

I think trading took a hit when they started charging for the use of the organizer. I believe this is the best and easiest site to trade on, but I think a lot of people left when the charging and site problems occurred.
[Image: gamsig.gif]
Collecting Chris Johnson, Titans/Oilers, Bama Alum (Active), and MMA
http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/m636...ersHeaven/

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is trading activity to an all time low? - by gamblersheaven - 05-17-2012, 12:45 AM