`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OK, getting fed up. Anyone else?

RE: OK, getting fed up. Anyone else?
Again, we don't know what the terms are of the license agreement. I don't know where to access it and I don't even know if it's readily available. The rookie photo shoot has been something that's happened more and more lately. Back in 1998-99, I don't think they had a rookie photo shoot, so it may not have been a term of the license. Honestly, I don't know. I do however have faith that even if Panini did consider us the pinky toe of the card collecting world, they wouldn't want to affect their profits worse by not providing RC cards when they could. For manufacturers, it is always about profit, and they would garner more profit from having RCs than not having RC. Yes, they could have photo shopped some players in, etc. meaning that it is possible. But if the license agreement says something about rookie cards needing to be from the rookie photo shoot, then they can't break that agreement. Now, I don't know why that would be a term, that's stupid in my opinion if it is, but it is a possibility. Most rookie cards, to my knowledge, before Panini came in were from rookie photo shoots as well except for some from Upper Deck since they had an NCAA license. But honestly, you think Panini would benefit more from not putting RC in if they could? By pushing us further away and jeopardizing renewing their license? That just wouldn't be business smart on ANY level.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

Messages In This Thread
RE: OK, getting fed up. Anyone else? - by xstreaminsanity - 05-15-2012, 02:03 PM