`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I Am Ice Cold Right Now ... Anyone Else Have This Problem?

I Am Ice Cold Right Now ... Anyone Else Have This Problem?
So back in November I pulled a Bryce Harper auto refractor out of a blaster of Bowman Chrome.

I was ready to swear off buying cards, especially retail, because I knew I would never do better.

Of course, that lasted about two weeks.

Since then, I have been sub-zero, freezing, North Pole, ice cold on my pulls.

I don't really have a LCS in our area so I mostly buy retail, and I always fall for the little "gimmicks" like WalMart or Target exclusives in the blasters/rack packs, etc.

Today, for example ... I have been hounding the local stores the last couple of days looking for Opening Day baseball.

I know, say what you will, but I actually like this product because of the player 'updates' and the mix of guys that won't be in regular Topps until Series 2.

You can't beat the price, either.

Anyway, I found five blasters of Opening Day at WalMart today, assuming I would pull an Albert Pujols in his Angels uni.

Guess how many I pulled?

Zero. Out of 55 packs.

That's not to mention last week when I buzzed through three blasters of Upper Deck World of Sports, looking for the first Jimmer Fredette "rookie" you could pull out of retail.

Guess how many Jimmers?

Zero. Out of 33 packs.

Though I did pull a couple of lacrosse jersey cards. ???

Or, the week before that when I buzzed through 90 — yes, 90! — retail packs of Topps football at a couple of Targets looking for one of those Bowman Cam Newton rookies with the red border.

Guess how many Newtons?

Zero. Out of 90 packs!

So, basically, out of the last 178 retail — RETAIL! — packs I have purchased, for basically $300, I have gotten ZERO of the players I was looking for.

Brrrrr.

This is ridiculous on so many levels, given the fact that I could have bought all three cards on the Bay for less than 20 bucks.

(I actually gave up on the Cam and bought one.)

Or the fact that I could have bought two or three really nice hobby boxes for the same amount.

Not to mention the time, gas and mental anguish I went through/am currently going through right now.

That's the definition of insanity, I guess.

I should have quit after the Harper.

Anybody else?

Messages In This Thread
I Am Ice Cold Right Now ... Anyone Else Have This Problem? - by rjcj2017 - 03-07-2012, 01:47 AM