`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
6 best cards I've ever pulled & the MAIN reason I HATE retail!

RE: 6 best cards I've ever pulled & the MAIN reason I HATE retail!
(01-22-2012, 04:35 PM)ace3m Wrote: WOW, I got jumped on big time for this one lol I've been at school for a couple of weeks and hadn't checked this. And yes, a bunch of you all are definitely misunderstanding what I'm saying.
I started collecting and still have many cards from those days in mint condition. I'm only 24 now so I'm all about the younger generation collecting. What I said, or atleast meant, is that I hate it when cards are wasted on kids WHO will damage, throw them away, not give them the care they deserve. JUST THE SAME, I hate it when cards are wasted on ADULTS WHO will damage, throw them away, not give them the care they deserve.

THE MAIN POINT I WAS MAKING ABOUT RETAIL:
All of us get these killer cards in a couple packs of retail as kids, adults, whenever so we get into the Hobby big-time. We grow as a collector, spend thousands at hobby shops and on cases, and never get as good of cards as those retail hits. I just don't agree with card makers giving retail packs the BIGGEST & BEST hits to get us hooked, then nothing but decent/good cards in the hobby cases that serious collectors spend thousands on, that's it.

SURPRISINGLY ENOUGH, THIS THREAD WASN'T TO EXPRESS MY HIDDEN HATRED TOWARDS ALL THE YOUNGER GENERATION HUMAN BEINGS ON THIS PLANET LOL.

Some ppl love to find a thread, twist some semantics, and use it as a forefront to tell why "you're bad & I'm a good upstanding citizen with values that should be expressed as a closeted reprimand to you, but really to let everyone know what a perfect human being I am"

I don't think this thread reveals any sort of hidden hatred but in the original post you mentioned great cards wasted on kids and the thought of them being mishandled made it a waste. I think it's a good learning experience for kids to learn how to take care of things. The hobby is big enough for folks like us who penny sleeve + top loader + team bag them or sub cards for grading as well as folks who don't.

(01-16-2012, 11:54 PM)ace3m Wrote: I am TOTALLY against retail! Anyone agree?

I'm against seeing retail cards in low security areas for slimey pack searchers to go to town looking for hits and I'm against retail with their odds generally being worse than hobby for any inserts/parallels/gu/auto cards.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 6 best cards I've ever pulled & the MAIN reason I HATE retail! - by jplarson - 01-22-2012, 09:38 PM