`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
6 best cards I've ever pulled & the MAIN reason I HATE retail!

RE: 6 best cards I've ever pulled & the MAIN reason I HATE retail!
My much younger step-brother who still lives with my father and his fiance knew nothing about sports or collecting at all until this past christmas. I was at a loss for what to get him, so I purchased a Cam Newton refractor auto out of Topps Chrome and gave it to him. He now calls once a week to talk cards with me for a half hour or so and calls me everytime he pulls something out of a pack of retail he picked up at the grocery store.

I just find it amazing how much excitement he gets out of pulling a jersey, where as I pulled a silver ink Andy Dalton patch auto out of Gold Standard and was pissed I didn't get my money back.

I read the baseball boards on here and blowout, and I see all the rage over the way the kid handled the Bryce Harper /5 red auto pull (http://youtu.be/1xPNL4by4kk ). And I can't help but feel disgusted at those people, I wish I felt that excited when I pull a nice card.

I hope some 5 year old pulls the Andrew Luck Super auto out of Chrome next year and smashes it to all hell if he enjoys doing it. To each his own!

Messages In This Thread
RE: 6 best cards I've ever pulled & the MAIN reason I HATE retail! - by Sajman01 - 01-19-2012, 09:59 AM