`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
6 best cards I've ever pulled & the MAIN reason I HATE retail!

RE: 6 best cards I've ever pulled & the MAIN reason I HATE retail!
I think I get what you are saying, even if it was worded poorly. The "cream of the crop" cards should be kept as hobby exclusive hits because the type of collector that buys hobby boxes are more inclined to be more serious collectors. More serious collectors are more inclined to preserve those one of a kind cards as opposed to putting them in your bicycle spokes to make motorcycle noises as I used to do.

While I agree that those cards should be protected and it would be a shame for them to go to someone who would not appreciate them as much as I do, I disagree with the assumption that they are "wasted". As far as I am concerned, once you pay for that pack, the card is yours. Use it for target practice with a BB gun for all I care. (Which I also used to do with any Packers/Cowboys cards, haha)

In any case, I think hits like that in retail are what moves a lot of collectors/kids into more serious collectors as they get older and have a lot more disposable income. That's what happened to me. I bought the cheapest of the cheap retail packs when I was a kid hoping for something nice. Now that I am older and have more money, I have a different strategy. But retail is still important. It's the gateway drug that gets kids hooked, haha.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 6 best cards I've ever pulled & the MAIN reason I HATE retail! - by joe callahan13 - 01-17-2012, 09:48 AM