`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it familiarity and fear of change, or something else?

RE: Is it familiarity and fear of change, or something else?
(12-28-2011, 11:20 AM)got watcha want Wrote: Think of all the collectors that collected a set of Topps or Upper Deck from every year they could. They can no longer chase those sets with reguards to NBA cards. Some master collections/collectors just stopped.

Think of all the STAPLE inserts and parralels that we are missing out on now. I am sorry, but a Panini Spectrum card does a poor job of replacing a Refractor. There are collectors that chase only gold refractors from Topps Chrome and Topps Finest. The gold refractor RC cards were the only high end RC cards that didn't have a piece of jersey or an auto on it.
(Yes, believe it or not collectors still enjoy rare rc cards when they don't include an auto or jersey piece.)

UD is not really gone, I can still get SP authentic, but in collegiate form. But I DO MISS TOPPS and their customer service. I don't need a flashy site I need quick responses from reps and fast fullfillment of redemtions and Topps does it all. UD and Panini lack in both.

Yeah, that's why I considered refractors an exception because nobody has done refractors as well as Topps has.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it familiarity and fear of change, or something else? - by xstreaminsanity - 12-28-2011, 11:26 AM