`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...

RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(Special Patches, pg. 110)
Well, we had some really outstanding patches this round but judging by the vote count, maybe not as many people were moved or had the occasion to a look. Personally, I like learning about where some of these one-off patches come from and I hope people will continue to share background info about their cards. Also, I learned that there's an actual database for special patches, which is a very cool resource for this noob.

But I'm getting the sense people want to finish off teams #29 and 30. So as for the vote, I ended up going with Messier since, in a tiebreak, the NHL patch wins over a minor league one. Luckily, I wasn't the deciding vote!

Special Patches Round Closed

bimola's Messier Superlative: 3 (warsaw; bonnev; rice)
canucklehead's Subban Dominion: 1 (spud)
jaykayzee's Dowzak Heroes & Prospects: 1 (wick)

bimola, earlier kidding aside, that's an incredible Messier. Congrats on the win and please take us back to the NHL team rounds when you're ready. We can continue to come up with categories like masking tape/loose threads/hanging swatches, defunct teams, unidentifiable patches, and anything else when we get through Vancouver and New York.

(10-19-2011, 01:05 PM)bimola Wrote: There, this should help. Sometimes all it takes is a new perspective.

Tongue

Oh I get it...it's a homage to Puc Yelnats, no doubt related to the famous Stanley Yelnats of the great Disney movie Holes (fast-forward to 00:25). It's a beaut alright...

LOGAN COUTURE | MARTIN ST. LOUIS | JEREMY ROENICK | JONATHAN TOEWS
Malkin | Iginla | Datsyuk | Kane | Larionov | Thornton | Fedorov
(Link) Gimme Your: 09-10 SP Authentic | 09-10 Ice | 07-08 O-Pee-Chee

Messages In This Thread
RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(Special Patches, pg. 110) - by ricebondsmntna2young - 10-19-2011, 08:23 PM