`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...

RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(bimola picks a team, pg. 54)
(09-22-2011, 04:21 PM)mrspudhead Wrote: Yes he was a Black sleeping-car porter with the Intercolonial Railway that ran from Halifax to Montreal. I am an 8th-generation African Canadian with my roots going back to a slave on a plantation in Annapolis, Maryland. My father was a Korean War verteran (1951), Peacekeeper in Gaza (1966), and my hockey coach when I was a PeeWee (early 1960s). After retiring from the Canadian Forces, he was the manager of a brand new sports center near Canadian Forces Base Petawawa (a few hours drive west of Ottawa, Ontario) and drove a mean Zamboni. He grew up in Montreal, personally knew Jean Beliveau and Dickie Moore, and was at the Forum when the Richard riot broke out - he told me lots of stories about what he saw on St. Catherine's Street that night. He died in 2004 but would have adored P.K. Subban! Spud

That really is a fascinating story...I count 4 continents in your family tapestry with only Australia and South America missing, excluding the inhabitable one. But as "Habs" fan, there should only be 6 continents anyway. : )
LOGAN COUTURE | MARTIN ST. LOUIS | JEREMY ROENICK | JONATHAN TOEWS
Malkin | Iginla | Datsyuk | Kane | Larionov | Thornton | Fedorov
(Link) Gimme Your: 09-10 SP Authentic | 09-10 Ice | 07-08 O-Pee-Chee

Messages In This Thread
RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(bimola picks a team, pg. 54) - by ricebondsmntna2young - 09-22-2011, 05:49 PM