`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.27 Average
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
(09-25-2009, 10:23 PM)nittany13 Wrote: I started a thread about these specific cards back in March but I cannot readily find it right now.<br />
<br />
These were distributed at the 2002 National by Donruss/Playoff/Score (DPS) and are identical to the set releases from that year with the exception to the embossed stamp and the serial # to 5 which should be easily evident in the pictures. You can see these are from examples from the Playoff Prestige, Donruss Classics Timeless Tributes, Donruss Elite, and (oddly) Donruss Elite Aspirations. Thanks to Mo Tax Man I now also know that there is a Score version as well.<br />
<br />
Personally I do not know if all the cards from these sets were even included in these parallel sets to begin with or if there are additional DPS sets that I do not know about that exist in this parallel form. That part I find confusing.<br />
To complicate matters even further apparently some of the inserts from these sets were embossed/serial#d as well:<br />
<br />
2003 Atlantic City National Promos 1/1<br />
<br />
At the National show in Atlantic City the following year Donruss/Playoff/Score released another promo set, coincidentally that one is listed on the OPG (also #d to 5). However there is at least one parallel for each of those four base sets listed, all of which are 1/1 and I believe that these were not made just for the rookie cards either (Wayne Chrebet example).<br />
As shown there is:<br />
Score Final Score<br />
[Image: BfLJg2kKGrHqMH-CEErvIme3bBLLqug9DQ_.jpg][Image: BfLMFBmkKGrHqIH-CgEreH6ihqSBLLq19EQ.jpg]<br />
Donruss Elite Status<br />
[Image: BfwWdWwBWkKGrHqEH-CcErfFL9T3CBLCfj8.jpg][Image: BfwWfpgWkKGrHqEH-D0ErfBGNw7-BLCfjin.jpg]

I have a score Final score 1/1 of Eddie George I think that was not listed either. For the longest time I thought it was fake. Thanks for proving it otherwise.:
[Image: img006.jpg]
[Image: img007.jpg]
[Image: cbeg-2.jpg]
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Da...or%20Sale/
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37

Messages In This Thread
RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - by georgehenrycollector - 05-15-2011, 04:16 AM