`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.27 Average
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett

I started Jets collecting cards in 1996, bought locally in L.A., got a computer in 2000 and started online buying. I have been gapfilling ever since. I collect college and rookie cards of players who were drafted by the Jets, hence Kyle Brady 1995-1998 cards.
The frustrating part about Signature rookies has been trying to find out the true variants, the unreleased variants that later hit the secondary market and the fakes.
Here are my International Duo autos, all bought off ebay
[Image: Bradyintlfront.jpg]
[Image: Bradyintlback.jpg]

I also have the Brady auto to 300, I have to guess that the #ed to 242 is a mistake, The Collins auto to 600. Both cards have a signature rookies authentication sticker on the reverse unsigned side of the card. I also have the international card signed by Brady with Romans 10:9. Is it a coincidence that two international cards non authenticated were signed , one by each player or did signature rookies have surplus that made it out onto the secondary market.

*UPDATE - The card on the left should be OPG listed. The card is from the insert set 1995 Signature Rookies International Franchise Duo Autographs.

GINGE01 Wrote:I started Jets collecting cards in 1996, bought locally in L.A., got a computer in 2000 and started online buying. I have been gapfilling ever since. I collect college and rookie cards of players who were drafted by the Jets, hence Kyle Brady 1995-1998 cards.
The frustrating part about Signature rookies has been trying to find out the true variants, the unreleased variants that later hit the secondary market and the fakes.
Here are my International Duo autos, all bought off ebay
[Image: Bradyintlfront.jpg]
[Image: Bradyintlback.jpg]

I also have the Brady auto to 300, I have to guess that the #ed to 242 is a mistake, The Collins auto to 600. Both cards have a signature rookies authentication sticker on the reverse unsigned side of the card. I also have the international card signed by Brady with Romans 10:9. Is it a coincidence that two international cards non authenticated were signed , one by each player or did signature rookies have surplus that made it out onto the secondary market.

The middle one looks legit (not that I am an expert).

The one on the right if I had to guess, I stress this is only a guess, was signed by him at a card show or for a fan at training camp or whatever.

The first one is really curious to me, not because that I am not doubting that it is an authentic signature but that it both has a sticker and it is hand numbered. Mine has neither. It is not even listed on the OPG. The only one listed in that set where it states that Collins signed is the one with McNair on the other side, and like your card that is also hand numbered to 600.

Hmm....I wonder if Kerry Collins randomly signed both the Brady and McNair backed version cards till he reached 600. Either that or these specific cards were in a vault and were only released to the secondary market after the company went belly up...or it simply is a forgery (I doubt that last point though).
[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]

Just in case you wanted to compare my earlier submission:
[Image: scan0020.jpg]
[Image: scan0021.jpg]
[Image: scan0021.jpg][Image: BekEwLQB2kKGrHqEOKjsEryMCPPHIBK9u-D.jpg]
The mystery of that spade cut out will probably never be explained.

[quote="nittany13The middle one looks legit (not that I am an expert).

The one on the right if I had to guess, I stress this is only a guess, was signed by him at a card show or for a fan at training camp or whatever.

The first one is really curious to me, not because that I am not doubting that it is an authentic signature but that it both has a sticker and it is hand numbered. Mine has neither. It is not even listed on the OPG. The only one listed in that set where it states that Collins signed is the one with McNair on the other side, and like your card that is also hand numbered to 600.

Hmm....I wonder if Kerry Collins randomly signed both the Brady and McNair backed version cards till he reached 600. Either that or these specific cards were in a vault and were only released to the secondary market after the company went belly up...or it simply is a forgery (I doubt that last point though).[/quote]

I agree the religious signing is probably a card show signing, it was signed 81, Brady either signed this early in his NFL career, (he switched to 88 in 1997) or he signs Penn State cards 81 which was his college number.

I hope Beckett reads these comments and possible updates sets that are incomplete.

The Brady / Collins autos I scanned were bought seperately on ebay with maybe a couple of years between. If the cards were bought after the company went belly up, they went flooding ebay when I had to outbid other bidders who wanted them.

I am only interested in Brady due to his Jets connection, I have not looked for a Collins / McNair card. I wonder if the first 300 Collins cards signed are with Brady, if the numbering is 301-600 / 600 for the McNair, if you have both you will be able to check.

I don't use the OPG, I have been buying the annual guides since 1996, old school, like books, I notice that Collins signed the most in this auto insert set, maybe he did sign 300 of each version. Ki Jana Carter is the 2nd highest with 400, maybe he did 200 on two different backs. Don't know the answer to that either.

Now that Signature Rookies is long gone, it is only collectors who are probably doing research on these sets, most of the players never made it big in the NFL, it is the Terrell Davis, Curtis Martin, Kerry Collins, Warren Sapp names that people will recognize. Most collectors today probably don't even know of the existence of these sets.

More Kyle Brady that may not be listed in Beckett.
If anyone in Beckett who can update the various cards lists sees this, please can you add these to the OPG and annual guide. Thanks

I bought the 1995 SR Tetrad Autobilia in 1996, at a card show. It has gold foil. I saw a dealer on ebay maybe 2-3 years ago sell a set of Tetrad Autobilia that was bought as a set (maybe QVC / Home shopping). It has silver foil in place of the Gold, a new variation?? The scan is difficult to tell Gold and Silver,
About 3 years ago, I bought the right hand card, it is also numbered #57 (his autobilia base card is also #57), it is a phone card that expired 3/31/96 so I assume a 1995 release. The card front says Tetrad Auto Phonex, I assume it was a give away in Autobilia packs, or a Autobilia Hot Pack??. The two pictures of Brady on the phone card match the photos of Brady on the back of the Autobilia base card #57 so I am guessing it is a Autobilia phone card insert, I don't know.
[Image: BradyTetrad.jpg]

I bought the 1995 Signature Rookies Tetrad base cards #3 Kyle Brady & #10 Hugh Douglas (both 1995 New York Jets 1st rd draft picks) in 1996. In the last 5 years I have found the autos of each player. In 1996 I also got the Brady promo which is not listed in the Beckett Annual guide.

The last group of cards, I picked up the Brady AutoPhonex Phone card in 1996. Next to it is a black auto, I don't know if this was originally black, the phone card has 'yellowed', I don't know if the original auto ink has been affected (faded to black) or if it is really a black ink variation. The third phone card is a new variation, the back says BP20, the first two cards are #20. The third card is not numbered out of 3750 which is printed on the first two cards. Finally, the first two cards on the bottom right of the front say authentic signature, the 3rd card says Bonus Promo. Is this an unlisted Bonus Promo, the annual guide recognizes Bonus Promos for cards $5 and upwards, Brady's card is a $2 Bonus.
Finally off ebay, I bought about 5 years ago, a Superior Pix Kyle Brady auto card to 3500 that was not signed, was this surplus stock bought after they went belly up or did someone burst open a pack and get an unsigned card.
[Image: BradyAutoPhonexfront.jpg]
[Image: BradyAutoPhonexback.jpg]

Those are some excellent submissions GINGE01. Because of the Penn State connection I too collect Kyle Brady cards so I am very happy you brought those to my attention. I think that last unsigned card was supposed to be destroyed but never was. In one of my previous posts you will see a 1995 Images Kerry Collins card where it states that is an autographed card on the back but there is no autograph on the front. I shudder to think how many more of those were released and forged by less than honest opportunistic individuals.

BTW some other Jet alums who are Penn Staters: Mickey Shuler, Blair Thomas, Michael Zordich, Harry Hamilton, Richie Anderson, Roger Duffy, Ralph Baker, Greg Buttle, Pete Liske, Lou Benfatti, Lance Mehl, John Ebersole, Warren Koegel, Rashard Casey

nittany13 Wrote:I have a number of autographed Kerry Collins cards and I recently posted these below on another thread. At least one I feel is legitimate and should be added but I am not sure about the others. Again, in the interest of completeness I am including them all here just in case.

Card 2 is an unnumbered 1995-96 Classic Five Sport Signings Classic Signings Autograph which is also hand numbered to 225 and has a stamp in the lower right. By all accounts this one should be listed, it used to be even listed in the Beckett annual price guide.

Card 4 is an oddity (fake?). This one is different with the grouping of logos on the back bottom accompanied with different type set.

I got rid of this reply, I realize now that it was not well thought out.

*UPDATE - This six card set is now OPG listed.

2009 Tennessean Tennessee Titans team set
[Image: BhnY7DBWkKGrHqQH-EYEsMGLOL9BLJ9zFsp.jpg]
I saw these being sold online and I assume these sets were distributed via a regional newspaper somehow. If the description is correct there are a total of six unnumbered cards in this small set:
Vince Young
Kerry Collins
Kevin Mawae
Keith Bullock
Chris Johnson
Kyle Vanden Bosch

*UPDATE - This ten poster set is now OPG listed.

2009 BP Gas Giants Stadium Moments Posters

[Image: BiIB1BmkKGrHqUH-DkEsNErTb8yBLNEY1VK.jpg]

I saw these being sold online and the seller description says they are posters, with dimensions of 9-1/2" by 12", being distributed by BP Gas stations in that area. I do not know what the backs look like but from the description in all liklihood all are blank. Poster numbers are listed on the fronts.
1 JOE MORRIS
2 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP CELEBRATION
3 TIKI BARBER
4 KERRY COLLINS
5 OSI UMENYIORA
6 JOE DANELO
7 LAWRENCE TAYLOR
8 PHIL SIMMS
9 PHIL MCCONKEY
10 ELI MANNING

Some other players also appear on the front of a couple of these cards as well, I am not sure who though at the moment.

Hi, thanks for this piece of information, I have two cards from the 2000 Topps Gold Label insert sets that I did not realize had parallels,

2000 Holiday Match-Ups Fall T5 Wayne Chrebet & Cade McNown, I have the Bears, need the Jets parallel.

2000 Holiday Match-Ups Winter C11 Curtis Martin & Travis Taylor, I had the Jets, just found the Ravens parallel.