`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.27 Average
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett

Vintage Coke Caps (1964, 1965, 1966, 1971)

These are simply bottle caps found on Coke products. From 1964 to 1966 there were numerous individual mini sets of these made for players of virtually every team, All-Stars and team logos. It is pointless to list every set that was made during this span since they are all documented in the 2004 Beckett annual price guide (the most recent one that I own) anyway and perhaps even in the 2009 one (don’t own it – don’t know for sure). As far as I know one of all of these from the main set are listed in the online database registry, however only that one version in question is for each set. The price guide that I own says there are in fact many parallels in existence depending on the set. The differences between the caps are the various Coke soft drink beverages that the caps are from, and some are even much scarcer than others.

1964 - as many as three versions: Coke, King Coke, Sprite

1965 – as many as five: Coke, King Coke, Sprite, Tab, Fanta

1966 – as many as six: Coke, King Coke, Sprite, Tab, Fanta, Fresca

1971 – that year there was only a Packers team set made, a regular Coke cap and a “twist-off” version. The latter is priced a little higher.
[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]

becketts if u read this please update 2009 donruss threads i can find these cars in catalog i have two card i cant find first one is gridirion kings silver parrell card #51 matthew stafford &also gridiron kings card #55 darrius heyward bey any info would help out thanks also guys check out this sportscads review on upperdeck looks clean http://danny411-sportscards.blogspot.com thanks becketts if u find anything out email me at dpw212@gmail.com thanks.
i am selling my large collection of sportscards from the 70,s to present this in
clude football,baseball maostly thiese two sports
so check my update list thank
s...

Not sure if you know this is available. Check it out on ebay.$0$0$0$0http://cgi.ebay.com/KERRY-COLLINS-AUTO-00-SP-AUTHENTIC-BUY-BACK-202-BV-50_W0QQitemZ230385878742QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Football?hash=item35a41186d6#ht_506wt_1157$0
[Image: Lupe_Fiasco_Enemy_Of_The_State_A_Lo.jpg]

*UPDATE - The Doty's parallel is now OPG listed for all 48 cards in the set.

1980 Stop’N’Go

This was a 48 card set that was distributed from some type of Texas-based convenience store chain. The base set IS listed but according to my 2004 Beckett price guide there is a parallel version which is NOT listed. The other version in question also has a logo of “Doty’s”, which I can conclude is some other store chain, on the back. This rare version is 6X the base version according to this price guide of five years ago.

*UPDATE - In hindsight, it is perhaps more ideal not to list each individual letter individually within the OPG. I retract the following suggestion.

2008 and 2009 Upper Deck Lettermen

First off, I admit this specific instance is not as clear cut as others that I have provided in this thread.

I have no idea whether there are checklist omissions with these or not but I want to point out something else related to these sets. When I was checking out the Franco Harris listing (actually you could use this same example for any other player cards in the sets) from one of the above listed years I noticed that all six letters of his last name are included together in one tab. I am thinking since there are five different letters in his last name, which translates into five different variations, should all five be listed separately although being the same price (except for maybe the “R” in this specific case)?

However, if indeed all five are lumped together via Upper Deck serial numbering (not sure if they are), say to 300 (a made up nice even number to make a point), then maybe all the various letters should remain under one listing as they are currently. I understand that argument as well.

*UPDATE - I purposely erased some information from this post.

1995 Signature Rookies Promos 20,000

Below are 15 unlisted SR Promos 20,000, which should not be confused with the OPG listed 7,500 versions. Some are listed but most are not. The checklist below is as follows:
1 Ki-Jana Carter (listed)
2 Kyle Brady (listed)
3 Dave Barr
4 Kevin Carter
5 Stoney Case (listed)
6 Sherman Williams
7 Frank Sanders
8 Rashaan Salaam (listed)
9 Warren Sapp
10 James Stewart
11 James A. Stewart
12 J.J. Smith
13 J.J. Stokes
14 Michael Westbrook (listed)
15 Eric Zeier

[Image: f2_1_b1.jpg][Image: 55_11.jpg]

*UPDATE - This is the only card from this set that I am currently aware that is numbered to 325. There is also another numbered to 1,000.

1995 Signature Rookies Franchise Rookies Samples

Here is an autographed Ki-Jana Carter version numbered to 325, like the non-autographed version the card number is still R3.
[Image: 0745_11.jpg]

1995 Signature Rookies International Franchise Duo Autographs

The card shown on the left of each picture is the front and back of the same card while the same applies to card on the right.

The card on the left is one I purchased many years ago and this Kerry Collins auto version not listed, and it probably shouldn’t if my following premonition is correct. To be frank it probably was never issued in the first place since I do not see an authentication sticker on the opposite side and it is not hand numbered. It was either later signed in person at a show or something or it is a fake to begin with. If it is a fake the forger did a good job. I added this one in the interest of completeness.
[Image: scan0020.jpg]
[Image: scan0021.jpg]

The Brady auto on the right is a very weird case. The OPG says that it was hand numbered to 242 but as you can see in this and the other added example it was instead numbered to 300. More importantly if you look closely in one of the lower corners of the original example you can see a “punch out” in the shape of a spade. I have never seen this before with this or any other set for that matter. Is this another rare autograph parallel in the set that I do not know about? This has been a mystery to me for many years since I purchased it, and being relatively new to collecting these at the time I did not think anything of it. If anybody by chance has another card from this set with this punch out please let me know in the hope that I can solve this conundrum.
[Image: scan0021.jpg][Image: BekEwLQB2kKGrHqEOKjsEryMCPPHIBK9u-D.jpg]

1995 Signature Rookie Phone Cards

I do not know how big this base and autographed phone card set is or even if it is multi-sport, but I have several examples from my own collection that I know to exist. The backs of the base cards do not illustrate a print run but the Carter is card # 4 and Collins is #5 in the base set. The autographed Collins is hand numbered to 125 and has a card number of CW4. I thought I once saw the same exact card somewhere and it was not autographed and it could have been another base card, but at this time I cannot confirm that or whether other cards also exist.
[Image: scan0002-1.jpg][Image: scan0003-1.jpg]

[Image: scan0022.jpg]
[Image: scan0023.jpg]

*UPDATE - These multi-sport photos are numerous and were released in different years. I have seen some that are not even autographed. Someday I may have a comprehensive checklist compiled.

1995 Signature Rookies Tetrad Autographed Photos

I am seeing a number of these appear on eBay and some of them are not even accounted for (like the examples below). Some have varying types of hologram authentication stickers affixed too, and some do not even have that like the McDuffie that I own (in contrast to a different one shown at the bottom).

If I understand this correctly every card in this Tetrad set has a redemption 8x10 photo numbered to 3,000. I am inclined to believe that is not true however since I have never seen one of Kerry Collins, just to name one example, being sold online ever after all these years (of course that doesn’t mean that it doesn’t exist either).

I wonder if these 8x10s are redemptions from other Signature Rookies sets or if they were released in 1994 or 1996 instead.

[Image: 1328_1.jpg]
[Image: jm4851.jpg][Image: ebay39839a1.jpg]