`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.27 Average
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
Here is one for you....... blue Ink /40

[Image: SylvesterMorris.jpg]

I had a few more but I see that they added some. I will look around for more.
http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee167/kollectornet/

Mainly collect Harry Douglas, Baltimore sports teams and Atlanta sports teams.

[Image: harry.jpg]

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
Time to dig this thread out again...

Bump this up with pic included.

2008 Ultimate Jerry Rice Ultimate Patch /40

[Image: IMAGE0002.jpg]

Sweet! Thanks for bumping this thread. I have this oddball John Elway card. It came to me with the weird grading slab, but I do not know if they were all that way.

1999 Collector's Edge Triumph K-Klub Y3K #KK38 John Elway promo

Front:
[Image: oddelway019.jpg]

Back:
[Image: oddelway020.jpg]
Collecting Steve Young, 49ers, and Oklahoma State Cowboys.
[Image: 1995BD_PC_4starhoriz_small.jpg]

Hi,
I hope Dan Hitt and the rest of the guys read this updated thread, here are some submissions for the Annual price guide.
I have every Annual Guide from the current 27th back to my first purchase, the 12th which included 1995 releases. The guides show when cards get added, sometimes that they've fallen off the price guide, I prefer paper, and I can see historical documentation for the cards, not the current only appearance of the Online guide.

So Mr Hitt and friends, please keep updating the guides, your work is greatly appreciated.

1995 Score Promotional
I have been trying to find the Johnny Mitchell card to complete my Jets set. I missed getting it off Beckett about 5 years ago.
A couple of weeks ago I found an ebay seller listing some of these cards, I managed to get the missing Mitchell card. He told me that he acquire the cards in 1995 when running a shop, I had heard from the Beckett seller previously that the cards went from #1 to #111 and were given out in mini promo packs, possibly Toys'R'Us.
The ebay seller confirmed he had up to #111, the cards have the word PROMOTIONAL stamped on the back. Please update the annual guide to include these cards. I have provided a scan of the Jets cards available showing a regular card front and the stamping on the back.
[Image: 1995JetsScorePromotional.jpg]
I know there are other 1995 Score Promos that have PROMO stamped on the front.

1997 Upper Deck Cardzillions
There is a different card seller on ebay who is selling some of these cards that are not listed in the Beckett guide.
The 1996 & 1997 sets, there were two years were released as 48 card sets, available from vending machines at retail stores like Toys'R'Us, without wrappers, I don't know how many cards would be released from the machine at one time, or how much coin had to be put in the vending machine. They were cards made for Football, Nascar and nonsport.
The first 6 football cards were foil, the remaining 42 were regular. The cardzillions look like 1997 Collector's choice cards, the cardzillions have been scanned slightly differently, they are fullbleed, no white borders as Coll Choice, the cardzillions are also a little smaller 3 3/8 by 2 5/16 compared to 3 1/2 by 2 1/2, presumably to fit in the vending machine.
I have provided a comparison scan of Keyshawn Johnson,
[Image: 1997JetsCardzillions-1.jpg]
All cards are numbered on the back as 01/48, 02/48 etc in the top left corner, here's the full 1997 list
1 Brett Favre Packers foil
2 Drew Bledsoe Patriots foil
3 Emmitt Smith Cowboys foil
4 Barry Sanders Lions foil
5 Jerry Rice 49ers foil
6 Karim Abdul-Jabbar Dolphins foil
7 Ken Norton 49ers
8 Curtis Conway Bears
9 Rashaan Salaam Bears
10 Jeff Blake Bengals
11 Jim Kelly Bills
12 Bryce Paup Bills
13 Terrell Davis Broncos
14 Errict Rhett Buccaneers
15 Simeon Rice Cardinals
16 Junior Seau Chargers
17 Marcus Allen Chargers
18 Greg Hill Chiefs
19 Jim Harbaugh Colts
20 Deion Sanders Cowboys
21 Michael Irvin Cowboys
22 Zach Thomas Dolphins
23 Bobby Taylor Eagles
24 Cornelius Bennett Falcons
25 Mark Brunell Jaguars
26 Jimmy Smith Jaguars
27 Keyshawn Johnson Jets
28 Steve McNair Oilers
29 Frank Wycheck Oilers
30 Antonio Freeman Packers
31 Reggie White Packers
32 Kerry Collins Panthers
33 Kevin Greene Panthers
34 Terry Glenn Patriots
35 Ben Coates Patriots
36 Tim Brown Raiders
37 Chester McGlockton Raiders
38 Isaac Bruce Rams
39 Vinny Testaverde Ravens
40 Antonio Langham Ravens
41 Michael Westbrook Redskins
42 Ken Harvey Redskins
43 Mario Bates Saints
44 Joey Galloway Seahawks
45 Jerome Bettis Steelers
46 Kordell Stewart Steelers
47 Greg Lloyd Steelers
48 Cris Carter Vikings

1998 Pinnacle Inside & Pinnacle Plus
The Annual Guide requests any additions to the lists would be appreciated, so here goes.
[Image: 1998PinnacleInsidePromos.jpg]

Pinnacle Inside Stand Up Guys Promos, I've scanned the two cards on the bottom.
It is 8AB & 8CD, I've lined them up to show the Jets Keyshawn Johnson, the reason I bought the pair off ebay around 2000-2001. The 4 players on the two cards are Keyshawn Johnson Jets, Cris Carter Vikings, Michael Irvin Cowboys (half of each shown) & Antonio Freeman Packers unseen (the reverse side of Keyshawn Johnson).

Pinnacle Plus Go To Guys Promo.
Apparently this set that was never released was a 30 card (insert??) set, I bought them off ebay around 2000, the 3 card auction had the following, I think it was in a small cello pack with Keyshawn visible.
The cards are numbered on the top left corner on the reverse side as follows,
4/30 Curtis Conway Chicago Bears
16/30 Michael Jackson Baltimore Ravens
25/30 Keyshawn Johnson New York Jets (reason I wanted to win the auction)
The Annual guide lists several cards including Conway, I'm listing the 3 cards I got, Jackson and Johnson can be added to the list.

2001 Fleer Tradition Autographics.
Starting in the 23rd guide, #7 Wayne Chrebet EXCH suddenly disappeared, having been present for severtal years. Chrebet signed two different Fleer cards in 2001 that look very similar, the Fleer Authority & the Fleer Autographics. Please restore Chrebet to the checklist, I've got both cards, scanned below for proof. The word Authority or Autographics can be seen.
[Image: 2001JetsFleerChrebet.jpg]

I would greatly appreciate the guides being updated with these submissions.

Thanks

Joe Davey (ginge01)

Excellent Post.

(04-10-2011, 09:19 PM)htoutlaws Wrote: Excellent Post.
Thank you, I hope the guys at Beckett update the guides for the benefit of the collectors who are looking for information on cards that sometimes get found, but the cards are not listed in the guides.

Good job Joe - the 1995 Score Promo is especially tough.
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

Beckett does this tell you you need to address this if you have 21 pages of posts!!!
[Image: Dallas-1.jpg]

rburkett: This would mean theyd have to work though!
Looking for Urlacher 1/1s, and 2000 Rookie Year Cards (especially BGS/PSA)
Also looking for Devin Hester 1/1s & Supercollecting Lance Briggs!