`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 71 Vote(s) - 3.59 Average
Mark Brunell Collection - Last Week - FOUR #1/1s, 2 RARE In Person Autos, Promo Pack

RE: Mark Brunell Collection - Last Week - FOUR #1/1s, 2 RARE In Person Autos, Promo Pack
(05-21-2017, 06:13 PM)robsvideos Wrote: It looks like Burnell is on the 2017 majestic checklist. So now you have new cards to chase.
He's also in 2017 Classics...new stuff to pursue!

----

Today's NEW addition:

From Brunell's Personal Collection

New Orleans Saints Play Chart owned Brunell

Thanks for looking and never stop jadeROCKing!

[Image: EPSON045_zpss3jlqw1g.jpg]
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

RE: Mark Brunell Collection - Last Week - FOUR #1/1s, 2 RARE In Person Autos, Promo Pack
Today's NEW addition:

#1/1

2006 Topps Turkey Red Suede Parallel #1/1

Long story - Around 2004, I noticed a new Brunell collector on ebay. I considered that person, along with any other Brunell collector, a friendly rival.

On 12/29/2206, I begrudgingly lost this #1/1 card to them.

I contacted them several times over the years only to find out that I took all the fun out of collecting for her and that she (PJ) thought of me as her archenemy. So no deal/trades were every discussed.

Fast forward, early May 2017, someone contacts me and ask if I want to buy their Mark Brunell collection. It turns out to be PJ! She tells me if I want it - it's mine - she just wants someone that could appreciate her collection. She explains she recently found out from Kaiser that she had Stage 4 cancer and nothing could be done while giving her very little time to live. I was floored and didn't know what to say.

As strange as it may sound, we both live in Northern California (about 50 miles apart) and collected Mark Brunell - go figure. It took a while to get timing down, but we were able to meet last week (she was really nice and upbeat) and made the deal. We reminiscent about our past and laughed. Her collection was pristinely taken care of. Everything was in APPROPRIATE screwdown holders or sleeved in binders. The highlights were 300 game used cards, 25 autos, many #/25 or lower cards and several oddballs I didn't have. She even threw in her AOJ Masters collection (sketch cards).

It's an awesome collection, I just wish it wasn't under these circumstances. To PJ - thank you sooooo much. In the future, I will share more pieces of PJ's collection with you all.

[Image: IMG_0407_zpsekkaiqpl.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0411_zps8uqzblaf.jpg]
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!

I jokingly said in another thread that I am only active on this site to keep up on this thread, but that really is one of the more amazing posts I have read... really puts life into perspective... looking forward to seeing that major acquisition!
[Image: sp9m5j.jpg]

(05-30-2017, 05:24 AM)c squared Wrote: I jokingly said in another thread that I am only active on this site to keep up on this thread, but that really is one of the more amazing posts I have read... really puts life into perspective... looking forward to seeing that major acquisition!
Thanks c squared...it was really bittersweet.
--
Today's NEW addition

#1 card (1st serial #)

From the PJ collection, 2004 Ultimate Collection Patch Gold #1/25

[Image: IMG_0412_zpsbzio5l5f.jpg]

Today's NEW addition

Patch Card

From the PJ collection, 2002 Leaf Certified Materials Mirror Gold Laundry Tag with NIKE Swoosh #/25

[Image: IMG_0413_zps17asx1pd.jpg]

Peter I can't help but think you've had to of loved the needle from 96.4. Nice additions and yeah kinda rough way to get them
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.

ft28jags - the completion % had dropped a tad before 2017 as Beckett added several Upper Deck Promos to the Master Checklist (although there is no concrete evidence that they exist.). With 2017, Panini have finally produced some new cards so the % continues to drop although I do have new stuff to chase now.
--
Today's NEW addition:

Jersey # card

1999 Absolute Coaches Collection Jaguars Team Card #143 (#11/500)...this also is a replacement stamped card as the cards were originally stamped with a much larger font.

[Image: EPSON047%20-%20Copy%202_zpsuvsiq9qi.jpg]

Today's NEW addition:

Error Variant

1998 SP Authentic Rookie Time Warp Die Cut #39 - no serial # variation (should be #/500). There is a machine stamped, a hand numbered and now a no numbered version

[Image: EPSON047%20-%20Copy_zpsouedwnfw.jpg]

What a sobering story... nice you two could meet and "bury the hatchet". Awesome way to pay homage to PJ, too- she amassed some awesome variations!

Thanks coltsfan
--
Today's NEW addition:

Promo cards from Playoff Salesman who showed this dealers.

2000 Absolute Canton Absolutes (Cut Corner) and 2000 Absolute Tools of the Trade Silver (Cut Corner AND Stamped "Promo" on back)

[Image: EPSON047%20-%20Copy%204_zpsqa6rvbjn.jpg]