`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Graded Wall Display -- My Attempt

RE: Graded Wall Display -- My Attempt
Just finished this one up (glad too because I had to stop all the others I'm working on while I did the clear coat on this one so as to not kick up any dust or anything). But man, mahogany wood and cabernet stain make a WONDERFUL coloration combination (I used a dyed black wood filler on the mahogany to get the really good grain contrast). This one is heading to a fellow who's putting a "COWBOYS" letterman set into it. PERFECT if you ask me. Big Grin

[Image: DSC_0774_zps043caf8d.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0775_zps895de0df.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0773_zpsde0e80b7.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0777_zps6b5a1ea2.jpg]

Awesome as usual!
Album: Album

1997 Donruss Preferred Precious Metals
1997 Topps Gallery Gallery of Heroes

Sent two more frames out this past week.

This one is for 30 (gasp) PSA cards in 3 rows of 10:

[Image: DSC_1584_zps8d62e991.jpg]

This one is for 8 BGS cards in the top row, and 3 rows of 9 One Touch Magnetic holders below it. First combination case I've done.

[Image: DSC_1579_zps324fd8e2.jpg]

Finishing a 42 card one touch case (6 rows of 7 cards) and a 25 card BGS case (5x5) right now. Those are my LAST black ones. Just too time consuming and takes entirely too long to complete. Starting a 25 card 5x5 One Touch case shortly, which will be done in Natural stain. Will post up when I get moving on that.

Hmmm.....due to some kind of change, I can't get the gloss black polyshades I use for the black frames anymore, and had to resort to satin to finish these two I'm working on. And I must admit, the satin black is actually VERY attractive.

[Image: 1009141705_zpsc7ec1cb5.jpg]

But I've already decided I will NOT be making any more black frames for anyone. It just stretches out the build time entirely too long unless I resort to using a spray paint and laquer top coat which is FAR less durable than the polyurethane I currently use.

Well, this is interesting. The gentleman who's getting the 42 card 1 touch case, saw the satin, and said "leave it as satin." I think it's going to look amazing. Should have it done around the end of the week, and the gloss one will be a couple weeks more as the poly lays up slow and thin.

Wow. It's not done, but wow. I know I said I wasn't doing black anymore, but this flat black is the shi.........it's cool.

[Image: 1028141856_zpsfccf2cbd.jpg]

[Image: 1028141857_zps8c9784de.jpg]

[Image: 1028141856a_zps15f505ab.jpg]

This one's just about done:

[Image: 1031142110a_zps9b1f95a2.jpg]

[Image: 1031142110_zps19775e35.jpg]

[Image: 1031142109_zps4e6e987e.jpg]

[Image: 1115141420_zps7f94da4f.jpg]

I would say business is booming, but two of these are for me. From left to right:

A 4 wide by 5 high BGS case for myself out of Mahogany to be done in cabernet (red) stain.

A 7 wide by 8 high BGS case for myself out of Maple to be done in natural stain.

A 5 wide by 5 high One Touch case for a customer, to be done in natural stain.

A 5 wide by 4 high One Touch case and a 3 wide by 2 High One Touch case for a customer, both to be done in red mahogany stain.

Man, these cases are amazing. I'd love to put an order in for one soon. You ship to Canada?

I do, but it can get expensive quick depending on case size.