`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 20 Vote(s) - 2.8 Average
KEARY COLBERT HOARD~ HUGE ADDITION!

RE: KEARY COLBERT HOARD~ Huge Day! 2 Unique adds!
(03-10-2014, 07:22 PM)gadsden86 Wrote: Great adds Chad. I have a few here for you. Are you going to the Altman show at the end of the month in The Boston area.
I am not able to make it to that one, the dates just didn't work and its tough drive. If something changes ill let you know. Its a very busy month for us. We have white plains in two weeks.
(03-10-2014, 07:28 PM)mrdub Wrote: the beast is still getting bigger i see.

so are you gunna be up here at the show at the end of the month? or you guys waiting to do the one later this year.
We would do it but like I just told Gadsden the dates just don't work for us to drive that far, I do like doing that show we just do too many that sometimes one show takes priority over another.
(03-10-2014, 07:16 PM)gjhobbs Wrote: nice hauls man
Thanks man, Im going to try and get your end out tomorrow with that Lynch rc included.
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

No biggie man just figured i'd ask since i'm going.
Collecting Dolphins, PSU Alumni(in college uni)
[Image: catch.gif]

Like my Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/PHsportscards?ref=tn_tnmn

(03-11-2014, 06:13 PM)gadsden86 Wrote: No biggie man just figured i'd ask since i'm going.
Yeah im sure ill be there sfor Shriners though. Altman is doing a new show in Jersey too. I may try and go to that one at some point in the future.

I am debating getting this collection ready to submit to the supercollector thing when that time comes around again. Does anyone know If I have to each each card scanned alone or can I scan up groups and take bulk pictures? ]

Also I am not a fan of the term supercollector but I think if the collection got in there maybe I might find some more cards I need.

(03-12-2014, 11:47 AM)chads-cards Wrote: I am debating getting this collection ready to submit to the supercollector thing when that time comes around again. Does anyone know If I have to each each card scanned alone or can I scan up groups and take bulk pictures? ]

Also I am not a fan of the term supercollector but I think if the collection got in there maybe I might find some more cards I need.
They want a picture of you with your collection, and then some additional pics of whatever you want. A group shot of any graded, autos, 1/1's. Kinda whatever you want. The key is to do a good write up about your collection. You might not like the term, but Chad are a Supercollector.

John
[Image: ZZZBearsBanner1.jpg]
Lance Briggs and Brian Urlacher Supercollector

(03-12-2014, 11:56 AM)zubaltec Wrote: They want a picture of you with your collection, and then some additional pics of whatever you want. A group shot of any graded, autos, 1/1's. Kinda whatever you want. The key is to do a good write up about your collection. You might not like the term, but Chad are a Supercollector.

John
I just figured since you have to list your stats that they would want proof so show each and every card. I may have to take a weekend and get this junk in order

(03-12-2014, 12:30 PM)chads-cards Wrote: I just figured since you have to list your stats that they would want proof so show each and every card. I may have to take a weekend and get this junk in order
They don't ask for proof. In my article it says I have over 500 HOF auto's, or something like that. I don't have over 500 HOF auto's.

Total cards, RC's, auto's, 1/1, any game used memorabilia.

Then tell how your collection got started, any interesting story that go along with your pc, and what your goals are for the future.

If you can find some of the old ones you'll get the idea.

Funny story about my article. A few years ago on this forum Beckett asked to submit for The Chicago National (Chicago Bears Supercollectors). So I did. They picked 3 for 1 page . I think they were hoostie, chibearsboy, and dabears 1985. I was happy for my fellow Bears collectors, but I was kinda bummed. hoostie couldn't believe I didn't make it. So a month or 2 goes by. I get home from work, and grab my Football Beckett monthly out of the mailbox. So I start flipping through it in the restroom. I see a pick of Urlacher and start reading the article. Next thing I knew I read my name, and then the words that I had wrote for my article. I couldn't believe I made it Beckett. I nearly jumped off pot. It came as a total surprise to me. Very thankful for Beckett getting me in there.

I myself have been thinking what I should do next. Urlacher, Briggs, or the whole pc again.

John

Good tips. I still think it would be cool to get some big group photos, maybe ill start working on mine for the next time the ask for submissions...I swear I have 20 cards coming in a week right now.

(03-12-2014, 03:15 PM)chads-cards Wrote: Good tips. I still think it would be cool to get some big group photos, maybe ill start working on mine for the next time the ask for submissions...I swear I have 20 cards coming in a week right now.
Wow 20 pc cards on the way? That's awesome. I know you struggle to find stuff, but be thankful when you do. I started my Briggs pc a few years ago when he was in very few products. In the last 2 years he's has made his way into a lot more stuff, and I'm not the only one trying to buy it.

(03-12-2014, 03:43 PM)zubaltec Wrote: Wow 20 pc cards on the way? That's awesome. I know you struggle to find stuff, but be thankful when you do. I started my Briggs pc a few years ago when he was in very few products. In the last 2 years he's has made his way into a lot more stuff, and I'm not the only one trying to buy it.
Oh they are not new ones, just cards I like multiples of. I have added a lot of Unique ones lately but that it not the norm...its usually only 10 cards a years....but I added a couple hundred total cards a year usually.