`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Topps Venezuelans - Do you have any?

RE: Topps Venezuelans - Do you have any?
Wow, so theoretically there are a fair number of HOF RC's from these then.

I bet those fetch a premium.

Now that I think about it I think I saw a higher grade copy of the Nolan Ryan RC on the Bay before.
My Bucket - w/ PC & Up For Sale Scans (NOT BACK UP TO DATE YET)

(12-15-2015, 04:51 PM)the cardboard fan Wrote: Wow, so theoretically there are a fair number of HOF RC's from these then.

I bet those fetch a premium.

Now that I think about it I think I saw a higher grade copy of the Nolan Ryan RC on the Bay before.
Something I didn't mention, the sets are smaller in size so not all players from the same US sets are in the VZ sets but yes a lot of HOF players and rookies. It's a different, more challenging, but more expensive alternative to the US set. Instead of collecting 1964 and 1966 US sets, I'm collecting the VZ sets.

It's almost impossible to put together a NM set. A collector with several PSA sets has managed to put together a 1966 EXMT sets but that's as good as I've seen.

Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos

Wow, I had no idea a thread like this even existed until I actively started looking. That being said, I'm a huge Venezuelan fan, more specifically any Braves base cards. Right now I have the complete 1960's team set and a handful of '64s. I'm always looking to buy, especially any '59s. Anyone out there know of a place other than ebay to find some? Thanks.

Good luck to all on this, I love to see vintage enthusiast.
My Bucket - w/ PC & Up For Sale Scans (NOT BACK UP TO DATE YET)

Hey all, I recently joined the Yahoo VZ group and a few members have hit me up with cards they have for sale. I'm just curious if any of you have had experience buying from sellers on yahoo and if they've been good or bad. Thanks in advance.

(01-06-2016, 12:16 AM)goodgod1979 Wrote: Hey all, I recently joined the Yahoo VZ group and a few members have hit me up with cards they have for sale. I'm just curious if any of you have had experience buying from sellers on yahoo and if they've been good or bad. Thanks in advance.
Great, I saw you joined, I'm in the group too. I have not traded with anyone there but the guy who started it, Josh, ranks among the highest of all VZ collectors as you can see by his PSA registries. As the moderator, I think he keeps a pretty good group. I believe there may be a gentleman named Enrique in the group who is a very reputable seller, I've bought from him often. There's another member who's pretty active in putting together his 1966 set and seems to have been getting a lot of good help from the group. I went through to see if I have any raw VZ or OPC Braves and unfortunately I have none. I will look through my BVG graded doubles to see what I might have, might take me a bit to get to them though.
Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos

Thanks for the information, I really appreciate it. I'm pretty sure the 1966 gentlemen is one of the sellers who have messaged me. No rush on looking through your cards. Whenever you've gone through them, just email me and we can compare what you have to what I don't. :-)

(01-06-2016, 09:40 AM)goodgod1979 Wrote: Thanks for the information, I really appreciate it. I'm pretty sure the 1966 gentlemen is one of the sellers who have messaged me. No rush on looking through your cards. Whenever you've gone through them, just email me and we can compare what you have to what I don't. :-)
For OPC you might want to look on COMC.com. It's a great site. I'm a Hank Aaron fan and recently I picked up a run of 1972 through 1974 OPC Hanks for a very reasonable price and in nice condition. Also got many other Hall of Famers from 1967 on up. Might be good for finding any oddball Braves cards you're looking for. The great thing about COMC is that you can build up your purchases and then have shipped all at once.

(01-06-2016, 09:57 AM)coimbre 21 Wrote: For OPC you might want to look on COMC.com. It's a great site. I'm a Hank Aaron fan and recently I picked up a run of 1972 through 1974 OPC Hanks for a very reasonable price and in nice condition. Also got many other Hall of Famers from 1967 on up. Might be good for finding any oddball Braves cards you're looking for. The great thing about COMC is that you can build up your purchases and then have shipped all at once.
Thanks for the advice. It's funny because I've purchased there before, but I never looked for OPC there, just American topps and VZ. I'll check them out. I'd love to see those Aaron's. Smile

(01-06-2016, 10:44 AM)goodgod1979 Wrote: Thanks for the advice. It's funny because I've purchased there before, but I never looked for OPC there, just American topps and VZ. I'll check them out. I'd love to see those Aaron's. Smile
Check those Aarons out here:

http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1486014.html