`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gary Sheffield question

Gary Sheffield question
He is a member of 500 HR club. Will he get into the Hall of Fame?

RE: Gary Sheffield question
Performance enhancing drugs ... Balco , steroids ties will keep him out along with Palmiero , Bonds , Sosa and others ! Sad just sad
[Image: c420f836-983f-40d0-9430-a8ccfd947155_zpsfddf63fd.jpg]

Nope.

I think Bonds gets in. He had already a great career before any PED stuff. I'm talking about pre 1998 years.

The baseball writers and Hall of Fame will never let Bonds in the Hall because there is no proof he's wasn't cheating pre 1998 either ! I believe he is a Hall of Famer just like Roger Clemens also but Pete Rose was a Hall of Famer before Gambling issues but that doesn't change the Hall of Fame opinion .....
[Image: c420f836-983f-40d0-9430-a8ccfd947155_zpsfddf63fd.jpg]

Noooooo. He will not get in. Not a chance. He is one of the most hated men to ever play, and he broke the most prolific record by cheating. There's a laundry list of other reasons obviously, but I dont care to get into them. People are going to start chiming in with reasoning and what about what this guy did comments. So in expectation of that, I dont care. He cheated and we are talking about Bonds, not everyone else.

(12-26-2014, 04:33 PM)gator1221 Wrote: The baseball writers and Hall of Fame will never let Bonds in the Hall because there is no proof he's wasn't cheating pre 1998 either ! .....
actually, the documentation shows exactly when he started, and why (he considered himself the best player in baseball - which was true. he was angry that sosa and mcgwire were getting so much attention, and he figured he would show what could happen when a great player decide to do steroids)

that being said, the writers still wont vote him, because they dont like the guy. he was an easy villain for them to do a paint by numbers of

(12-26-2014, 03:30 PM)stwainfan Wrote: He is a member of 500 HR club. Will he get into the Hall of Fame?
not a chance. but ill be truthful: he was FEARED. he was absolutely feared. i hated when he signed with the yankees

Gaylord Perry threw the spitball. That is illegal. In Bonds case he already was a MVP and the best player in baseball at Pittsburgh. I think he had 7 gold gloves. This is before 1998. There were others using PEDs that didn't put up the numbers he did. Then also pitchers were trying too pitch around him. I do think a lot of the media backlash against him. Was because he wouldn't talk too them. Because they kept asking the same questions.

(12-26-2014, 05:02 PM)stwainfan Wrote: Gaylord Perry threw the spitball. That is illegal. In Bonds case he already was a MVP and the best player in baseball at Pittsburgh. I think he had 7 gold gloves. This is before 1998. There were others using PEDs that didn't put up the numbers he did. Then also pitchers were trying too pitch around him. I do think a lot of the media backlash against him. Was because he wouldn't talk too them. Because they kept asking the same questions.
i think he has a legit claim beforehand. that being said, the part when he did cheat taints it.

as far as cheating: hank aaron, mantle, mays, etc all took greenies. a few pitchers used razors and spitballs and such. that really isnt the same thing as PEDs

I dont like that the players took greenies. But we're also talking about a time when it was common practice to have a big jar in a clubhouse for all to see and to help themselves to. You guys that are arguing for Bonds aren't coming to terms with the fact that what he did was illegal and against mlb rules. Your argument is that others did it as well. That doesn't change it being illegal and against mlb rules.