`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update: Am I being scammed?

RE: Am I being scammed?
That's all well and good...and in theory I agree with you guys. Just ask yourself this:

Which would you rather have?

$1.75 and negative feedback on your record (and probably dinged stars too)

or

$0

I've made no secret that I no longer sell on Ebay, and it's crap like this that drove me off several years ago. You're stuck between a rock and a hard place. For me, refunding and blocking (especially for only $1.75) is a much more desirable option that keeping the couple bucks, but having to deal with a neg, dinged stars, and all the crap that Ebay pulls with people who don't have 'perfect' ratings (lowered search placement, loss of discounts, Paypal holds, etc etc).
(04-21-2012, 03:44 PM)chrisa19978 Wrote: I am all for getting the card back in refunding as you don't pay for the shipping back.
Buyers who have to pay a couple bucks out of pocket in order to get a $1.75 refund tend to leave negative feedback...which in the current Ebay environment needs to be avoided

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

(04-21-2012, 03:36 PM)creativemunky Wrote: I disagree with giving a star card ( Greg Maddux ) serial #ered to 2500 Leag Gold Stars card away for free.
So to the "it's just a $1.75" crowd, it's worth even in NM at least $15. Plus I know I can sell it for more than $1.75 given a second chance.

I have 100% feedback as a seller and have bent over backwards for ppl in the past, but refuse to believe just giving it to him for free ( after I gave 2 other serial #ered cards for free to him as throwins ) is the answer.
You didn't exactly say who and what card. Just "foil cards worth $15 each."

So don't comeback to us with attitude. If you know you can sell it for more than 1.75 given another chance why didn't you just do a BIN on it?! I think you are disappointed in how the auction went.

If I'm looking at the correct item, you list it # 15 of 15 #162/2500

I see 2 noticeable chips in 2 corners off the bat and a slight mess up on the upper left corner.

Is/was this item under buyer protection?
[Image: rainbowsig.png]
^Need the Purple 1/1! Will Pay A Finder's Fee!^

Collecting: Andrew McCutchen (me) & Derek Jeter (wife)

(04-21-2012, 02:22 PM)HeyFitzy Wrote: What's their feedback score? What's their recent feedback?
Feedback for a buyer UNLESS they sell doesn't matter anymore.....
Sellers can not leave Neg's. for buyers so throw that thought out the door.

This is why I use COMC to sell instead. They get to deal with all of this instead of you and if they take a return or issue a refund it doesn't come out of you. Once the card is sold you're done with the transaction and earn your sale.

(04-21-2012, 04:14 PM)HeyFitzy Wrote: You didn't exactly say who and what card. Just "foil cards worth $15 each."

So don't comeback to us with attitude. If you know you can sell it for more than 1.75 given another chance why didn't you just do a BIN on it?! I think you are disappointed in how the auction went.

If I'm looking at the correct item, you list it # 15 of 15 #162/2500

I see 2 noticeable chips in 2 corners off the bat and a slight mess up on the upper left corner.

Is/was this item under buyer protection?
There was no attitude. Just stated that I did not agree with the idea of giving the card away.

Obiviously seeing card in person is much different that seeing a pic of it in a single screwdown. He just stated 1 dinged corner. I listed the card in NM ( near mint ) condition = to a PSA or BGS 7. Do I think it would grade a 6? Heck NO! So the listing was accurate.
Plus if you can notice the flaws stated, then I'm sure he can before bidding as well.

(04-21-2012, 03:53 PM)ceocards Wrote: That's all well and good...and in theory I agree with you guys. Just ask yourself this:

Which would you rather have?

$1.75 and negative feedback on your record (and probably dinged stars too)

or

$0

I've made no secret that I no longer sell on Ebay, and it's crap like this that drove me off several years ago. You're stuck between a rock and a hard place. For me, refunding and blocking (especially for only $1.75) is a much more desirable option that keeping the couple bucks, but having to deal with a neg, dinged stars, and all the crap that Ebay pulls with people who don't have 'perfect' ratings (lowered search placement, loss of discounts, Paypal holds, etc etc).

Buyers who have to pay a couple bucks out of pocket in order to get a $1.75 refund tend to leave negative feedback...which in the current Ebay environment needs to be avoided
One bad feedback dosen't kill you. I agree ebay is a buyers market as you stated and this is also why I don't list many cheap items when I listed them. If anything I will put them in lot form. You can be screwed on charging for shipping as well. So what I normally do is add the minimum I want then add $2.00 and list it like that. If you ship it fast enough you will get two 5 stars automatically as they can't say nothing for that. Plus I am sure the best he can do is leave a neautral if you refund him the money or you can complain to ebay as you did all the correct steps to resolve the problem.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

(04-21-2012, 06:26 PM)chrisa19978 Wrote: One bad feedback dosen't kill you.
You're right one doesn't...but depending on your volume (I have no idea how much OP sells) #2 can.

You can't get #2 until you get #1...if you can avoid getting #1, you'll never get #2.

If we were talking a hundred bucks or even 50 bucks I'd say take the chance.

For $1.75 it's a no-brainer.

(04-21-2012, 06:45 PM)ceocards Wrote: You're right one doesn't...but depending on your volume (I have no idea how much OP sells) #2 can.

You can't get #2 until you get #1...if you can avoid getting #1, you'll never get #2.
As stated though how can you leave a negative feedback when your getting your money back? My guess is if he dosen't want a refund he is tring to get the cards for next to nothing where you can state your case as I listed card as near mint and he was expecting a mint card. To me everything I list is near mint as well unless its been graded. I will offer him to send the card back and get a full refund and this has happened to me a few times and those people chose not to leave a feedback. So if you do that dosen't mean he will leave you a feedback at all.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

There are plenty of examples of buyers who got refunds that leave negs - especially if you make them pay $2 or so in postage to return a card that sold for $1.75.

Again, I agree in principal...and if Ebay were more fair in its handling of such disputes and sellers in general, I'd agree 100%. But in the current Ebay environment it's not worth risking your reputation for such a small dollar amount.

(04-21-2012, 04:50 PM)creativemunky Wrote: There was no attitude. Just stated that I did not agree with the idea of giving the card away.

Obiviously seeing card in person is much different that seeing a pic of it in a single screwdown. He just stated 1 dinged corner. I listed the card in NM ( near mint ) condition = to a PSA or BGS 7. Do I think it would grade a 6? Heck NO! So the listing was accurate.
Plus if you can notice the flaws stated, then I'm sure he can before bidding as well.
If I was a fan of him I would of paid 15. Those flaws I saw don't effect me too much to be honest.

The card is easily a 7-8 BGS

I think he's just butt hurt over the card.

I wish you luck, I will be a customer of yours here shortly bc I saw some items I like
[Image: rainbowsig.png]
^Need the Purple 1/1! Will Pay A Finder's Fee!^

Collecting: Andrew McCutchen (me) & Derek Jeter (wife)