`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
What Makes a Supercollector?

RE: What Makes a Supercollector?
I got my Supercollector status from a mail in offer on the back of a Tom and Jerry comic book. I also have a star named after me as well.
[Image: 2a1aA.jpg]

OK.... I HATE the term Super Collector!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It pretty much came around because a lot of collectors were stopping because of the millions of parallels and millions of inserts and millions of autographs and millions of game used. For Marino, EVERY product would have 5-6 $50-100+ cards and it became ridiculous. The ones who fought through and continued to engulf every unique card possible went from being hardcore to die hard to super.
Essentially, you just need a lot of cards of your guy. I don't think I was any less a collector when my Marino collection was only 1500 cards. But my collection is a little more on 'roids now as I sit at 2600+ cards, including 200 unique GU'd, 57 pack inserted autograph cards. I do not actively persue parallels, so all my autograph cards can only be found autographed. I also know, 4-5 years from now, I will laugh at these numbers and think, Why did I believe that was a lot? LOL
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

even though ive been collecting rams for 50 years, i never considered myself a super collector until beckett put me in the may issue. i dont even know how many total cards i have! i know how many faulk and warner because im chasing them to completion. guess i should add em up...
BECKETT SUPER COLLECTOR MAY 2010. COLLECTING KURT WARNER & MARSHALL FAULK. also looking for: tom nutten, fred miller, any card. view my warner/faulk collection at: www.photobucket.com/collectrams

I have a pair of those "Hulk Hands" and some Spiderman undies. I also keep my cardboard in a box that has Batman stickers.
I like the requirements that the other trading site has. I don't think my Gholston collection would qualify. I've got a decent pile of OSU autos, but still probably wouldn't be a "super". Maybe if I had a photo of me in my undies, wearing the hulk hands doing a superhero pose in front of my collection. Hmmm.........
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]

I know my collection wouldn't qualify. 600 + base and inserts of Steven Jackson, 33 Autos, 90 + GU, an auto'd Jersey and 2 Auto'd helmets. Not even an inkling of what that "other site" requires. I still believe I am a super collector though. Smile
Steven Jackson Collection
Total cards = 1,648
Autos = 376
Patches = 341
1/1’s = 94
Full rainbows = 24!

(05-20-2011, 03:41 PM)georgehenrycollector Wrote: Im not a super collector here. But On another site where I am a "Super collector " They required this:

Player Collection Applications

#2- Too Few Cards Produced Exception. If the player you collect has been in the leaue for at least 5 years but had received little hobby attention and has less than the 200 cards, but more than 50, you may apply but your percentages will have to follow these guidelines: 95% for players with 51-100 cards, 90% for players with 101-199 cards.
that's intersting Georgehenrycollector....looks like my Manning PC is not there yet....Does the 90% include 1/1s too?

Looking for Urlacher 1/1s, and 2000 Rookie Year Cards (especially BGS/PSA)
Also looking for Devin Hester 1/1s & Supercollecting Lance Briggs!

I'll chime in on this......

A Super collector is someone i think collects a good portion of that players stuff MOST of the time.
If Ebay kept track of how many searches I do even on a daily basis I couldn't imagine what I would be up to for Rice searches. All i know is that is my MAIN person i collect so in my mind I am a Super collector does not matter what others think. I don't need some one telling me I am or I am NOT a SC....
I just broke 2,800 singles for Rice. He has over 6,200 cards listed in the database. That is like 45% of his cards. Now 45% might not seem like a lot..... But when you are talking about 2,800 cards on ONE player... That in my mind is a SC.

(05-21-2011, 05:10 PM)mrgonzodad Wrote: I have a pair of those "Hulk Hands" and some Spiderman undies. I also keep my cardboard in a box that has Batman stickers.
I like the requirements that the other trading site has. I don't think my Gholston collection would qualify. I've got a decent pile of OSU autos, but still probably wouldn't be a "super". Maybe if I had a photo of me in my undies, wearing the hulk hands doing a superhero pose in front of my collection. Hmmm.........
I'd definitely give you supercollector status if I could see that picture!!!

Edit: Must be outside in at least 1' of snow!
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

(05-21-2011, 05:10 PM)mrgonzodad Wrote: I have a pair of those "Hulk Hands" and some Spiderman undies. I also keep my cardboard in a box that has Batman stickers.
Can i vote NO on that picture....................

(05-21-2011, 08:42 PM)dabears 1985 Wrote: that's intersting Georgehenrycollector....looks like my Manning PC is not there yet....Does the 90% include 1/1s too?
Actually no it doesn't. When I applied I was asked to take out the 1/1's from the total count. Which Helped me cause my Guy has 240 of them. I guess they figure 1/1's are too hard to get. Though from that point if I subtract 1/1's from my needs of Henry it goes for 400 plus to 250. But I say give it a try never know.
(05-21-2011, 08:46 PM)thelegendjerryrice Wrote: I'll chime in on this......

A Super collector is someone i think collects a good portion of that players stuff MOST of the time.
If Ebay kept track of how many searches I do even on a daily basis I couldn't imagine what I would be up to for Rice searches. All i know is that is my MAIN person i collect so in my mind I am a Super collector does not matter what others think. I don't need some one telling me I am or I am NOT a SC....
I just broke 2,800 singles for Rice. He has over 6,200 cards listed in the database. That is like 45% of his cards. Now 45% might not seem like a lot..... But when you are talking about 2,800 cards on ONE player... That in my mind is a SC.
Actually by that number I think you qualify in the other sites requirements.
[Image: cbeg-2.jpg]
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Da...or%20Sale/
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37