`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recent online gold glove discussion

RE: Recent online gold glove discussion
(11-13-2015, 10:24 PM)natejeffries Wrote: Crapping on Jeter shows you didn't watch him play much over in cubs land. At his best, he was undoubtedly one of the premiere shortstops. He lost range at the end of his career like any other shortstop but he was way underrated.
Premier SS, absolutely. Defensively, not so much. He never really could go to his left.
(11-13-2015, 09:59 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: Ok. I can respect that. Again, I'm not saying I'm right. I'm just stating my side of the discussion.
Yea we're still a ways from being able to get the answer exactly right, but I think we're getting closer. Numbers can't get us to exactly the right answer now, and the eye test has some inherent biases. When the 2 are effectively blended together we can get pretty darn close.

He wasn't the greatest at going to his left at the end of his career but for most of his career he was an elite defensive shortstop and he earned his glove gloves.
After Omar Vizquel declined and Arod shifted to third, Jeter was the best everyday defensive shortstop in the American league for a good seven year stretch.

(11-14-2015, 11:08 AM)natejeffries Wrote: He wasn't the greatest at going to his left at the end of his career but for most of his career he was an elite defensive shortstop and he earned his glove gloves.
After Omar Vizquel declined and Arod shifted to third, Jeter was the best everyday defensive shortstop in the American league for a good seven year stretch.
Well that's just not true. By any objective measure you want to use Jeter was a below average to poor SS throughout his career.