`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
no more pre 2001 pricing in baseball Beckett

no more pre 2001 pricing in baseball Beckett
Not set in stone but this months book mentions only cards 2001 and up will be priced from now on. Opinions are wanted by Beckett on this.

So if you have a , say 1995 finest griffey refractor, you will have to use the OPG or yearly to check the bv because it's not in either monthly guide.

RE: no more pre 2001 pricing in baseball Beckett
Standard Catalog. Best yearly out there, particularly for vintage. With that said, I never really used it for values but good lord is it a great thing to flip through and read about all the various issues out there.

Think I took that thing into the bathroom for reading material 80% of the time.

(05-27-2014, 05:48 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: Standard Catalog. Best yearly out there, particularly for vintage. With that said, I never really used it for values but good lord is it a great thing to flip through and read about all the various issues out there.

Think I took that thing into the bathroom for reading material 80% of the time.
ha! lol...i used to do the same

just a cheap tactic to influence people to pay for the org, typical

Thats funny I thought maybe I was the only one who had done that lol.
Forgot to add my thoughts on the topic. With technology taking over everything I can see why they are doing this however from what I am reading on here they still have alot of issues to work out with the online price guide. Also it would help if they would provide an image for every set in the online price guide to help guide collectors in iding our cards this includes an image of each parallel issue as some are so close its hard to know the diffrence. After all we are paying for a service and only getting about 50 percent service back for our dollar

(05-27-2014, 06:10 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: ha! lol...i used to do the same
Great gender announcement signature, Josh! Congrats!

As far as bathroom reading material, yeah, Beckett is one of the best.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Why don't they release two magazines: one retro and one modern (Like Hot Rod made it with the normal one and the deluxe one, vintage oriented)???

I like to open pack so I often buy old boxes from the 90's (cheap and just fine for me), and I'm always willing to watch the price of a hot rookie or rare insert.
French RedSox Fan & Baseball cards collectors.
Sketch card fan.
Last Packs opened:
2 boxes of mars attacks: the revenge => 1 artist auto, 1 medallion & 2 silvers.

Next Packs:
nothing in sight

People I dealt with: card_fiend2013 ; rack85

Forgetting the money aspect *which matters as welll* this move makes a ton more sense than anyone realizes. I'll have more to say later
Plano, Tx. Card Show #7, Sunday March 5, 2017 from 9 AM to 4 PM at Adat Chaverim (Northeast Corner Independence and Spring Creek) in Plano Tx.

I have to admit it, I have my price guide in the bathroom too! great minds think alike.
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

This doesn't surprise me in the least. The monthly magazine pricing has been slowly trimming out a lot of sets that are 10+ years old, and thinning out what they list for some of the remaining older sets. I understand why they have to do this, as there are so many new sets each year and in order to provide pricing on everything it eats up space, which they get by removing info on older sets. The argument is that the pricing on older cards doesn't change as much as newer cards, which I agree with.
It would be nice if they came back out with a Beckett Vintage magazine, which they had done a while ago. They could make it every other month or even quarterly, especially if they revamped it to include everything up until whatever cutoff they use for the regular monthly magazine. So long as it included articles about some of the older sets and nothing about new sets I would be very interested in the magazine.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/