Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2013 Bowman Inception 5 case break and contest thread [CONTEST CLOSED]

RE: 2013 Bowman Inception 5 case break and contest thread [CONTEST CLOSED]
Crap!
The only good, optimistic thing I can say, is when you're that far down, the only place you can go is up! Box 7 will make it up to you!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(07-08-2013, 12:31 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Wow
Zunino is supposed to be a good card, but yeah ... Not looking good, unless it will have a great ending!

The boxes weren't reopened? Were they?
Yes, and the on-card Zunino prospect auto (which I haven't pulled yet) is a bit better than the sticker GU version, but they're both $20 cards at best. Which is great except that I'm shelling out $85 a box and filling out the rest of the box with $4 autos.

Three chances left for a Puig.

(07-08-2013, 12:38 PM)pyweed Wrote: Yes, and the on-card Zunino prospect auto (which I haven't pulled yet) is a bit better than the sticker GU version, but they're both $20 cards at best. Which is great except that I'm shelling out $85 a box and filling out the rest of the box with $4 autos.

Three chances left for a Puig.
Got my fingers crossed for you! Good luck!
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Puig, Puig, Puig! I'll start the chant.

Case #5, Box #6

Nick Franklin GU Auto Redemption
Jorge Soler Prospect Auto
Barrett Barnes Prospect Auto
Courtney Hawkins Prospect Auto
Nick Castellanos Orange Prospect Auto /50

Grade: C-
Comments: Nearly got my outlay back thanks to Castellanos. Two left!

Sheesh..... A little better!
Alright here comes my box! Hope it's great!
PUIG!!!!

Case #5, Box #7

Gary Brown GU Auto
Alen Hanson Prospect Auto
Jose Fernandez Green Prospect Auto /25
Gregory Polanco Orange Prospect Auto /50
Shelby Miller Rookie Auto

Grade: B
Comments: Actually a very good box, the Miller supplemented by two solid parallels. Okay, one last chance for a low-numbered parallel or a Puig.

(07-08-2013, 12:48 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Sheesh..... A little better!
Alright here comes my box! Hope it's great!
PUIG!!!!
Sorry, Dr. MJ. Sad

Well, at least my box wasn't a clunker! Another Shelby Miller ... Pretty sweet!
Good luck on 8
Side note: maybe they should rename this product to 2013 Bowman Redemption Smile
Damn ... Almost 1 per box!
#8?
Either it's really great and you're too busy dancing around or it was suckville?
So?
C'mon, the suspense is killing me ... I just told two patients to reschedule Smile

Case #5, Box #8

Felipe Rivero GU Auto
Gioskar Amaya Prospect Auto
Matt Olson Prospect Auto
Kevin Pillar Orange Prospect Auto /50
Manny Machado Rookie Auto Redemption
Adrian Beltre Blue Sapphire

Grade: C
Comments: The case hit is a Machado rookie auto redemption.

Case #5 Summary

Grade: D
Comments: I won’t lie – this was a demoralizing case. At current prices I probably got back just over 50% of my outlay. I’m also bummed that Puig was so freaking short printed that I couldn’t pull one in five cases of product. In all, I landed three prospect autos short of a set, three rookie autos short, and three relics short. It shouldn’t require too much work to pick them up (except the Puig). Oh – and hey! Some good news to report: we have a contest winner! Congratulations to joebalazek, who wins a $50 shopping spree from my portfolio! I’m rushing out the door to make an appointment, Joe, but I will PM you later tonight with details – way to go!!

I keep refreshing and no updates? Must of been a Puig 1/1