`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grading/Population Report Question

Grading/Population Report Question
I seem to remember this question in the past but can't find an answer. I am looking at a card that is graded BVG 8 and wanted to get an idea of how many are out there.

Turns out that in the population report there is nothing graded higher than a BVG 8 on this particular card. However, in the OPG it shows a value for this card at BVG 9. How can they report the going value of a BVG 9 card when according to the population report there are none?

I would think that for high dollar cards and serious collectors this would raise an issue on the validity of the data in either or both areas. Any ideas on this?

Thanks
http://s1147.photobucket.com/albums/o558/dmasci/
Always looking for BGS or BVG graded cards for HOFers....especially the skilled positions.

[Image: DmasciBanner.jpg]

RE: Grading/Population Report Question
(03-25-2013, 03:47 PM)dmasci Wrote: I seem to remember this question in the past but can't find an answer. I am looking at a card that is graded BVG 8 and wanted to get an idea of how many are out there.

Turns out that in the population report there is nothing graded higher than a BVG 8 on this particular card. However, in the OPG it shows a value for this card at BVG 9. How can they report the going value of a BVG 9 card when according to the population report there are none?

I would think that for high dollar cards and serious collectors this would raise an issue on the validity of the data in either or both areas. Any ideas on this?

Thanks
I'm a serious collector. I don't get the OPG service. I just Pay what I feel like Paying.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(03-25-2013, 03:55 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: I'm a serious collector. I don't get the OPG service. I just Pay what I feel like Paying.
LOL, I didn't mean to imply that anyone not concerned is not a serious collector...I know you are. I am just curious about that as it seems odd to me and surely I'm not the only one that has wondered this.

Do you feel like paying $500 for an autographed card and ball that I personally had signed by Nolan Ryan :-)
http://s1147.photobucket.com/albums/o558/dmasci/
Always looking for BGS or BVG graded cards for HOFers....especially the skilled positions.

[Image: DmasciBanner.jpg]

(03-27-2013, 03:04 PM)dmasci Wrote: Do you feel like paying $500 for an autographed card and ball that I personally had signed by Nolan Ryan :-)
No. I have a budget. lol.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!