`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your take on the incident at Bosh's place and if it'll affect his cards?

What's your take on the incident at Bosh's place and if it'll affect his cards?
Via ESPN: Masseuse dies after collapsing at Bosh's home

I feel 95% certain that he has no involvement in it, but in today's world, especially what's been going on in Miami (ZOMBIES!!!!!!), you never know. lol.

Edit

I should have put this earlier, but I mean no disrespect or offense to anyone by posting this. I offer my respect to the woman and her family as it is tragic that she died. Please keep all of your comments in line and respectful. Comments that are posted should offer information and insight about the incident if there is any to share as well as if you think (if involved) this will affect his collectibility.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

RE: What's your take on the incident at Bosh's place and if it'll affect his cards?
Unless he is involved its a Non Issue..

RE: What's your take on the incident at Bosh's place and if it'll affect his cards?
I'm sorry, but this is perhaps the most ridiculous thread I have read since being on Beckett and find it somewhat offensive. Someone's mom, wife, sister...whatever...DIED. Who cares how or if it will effect his card values?

(06-06-2012, 10:05 AM)marquettewade3 Wrote: I'm sorry, but this is perhaps the most ridiculous thread I have read since being on Beckett and find it somewhat offensive. Someone's mom, wife, sister...whatever...DIED. Who cares how or if it will effect his card values? It has no place on this board.
I'm sorry if you find it offensive, it wasn't meant to be offensive in any way. I should have put (and will edit it) in the OP my respects to the woman and her family. My reason for putting this thread up was due to the fact of what happened with O.J. and his "collectability" after the incident.

You'll see me occasionally put up threads asking how something in someone's personal life will affect their collectability as that is what this site is about, collecting items (mainly cards) of sports figures. I don't catch every incident and I don't always remember to put up threads for those that I do catch; depends on when I hear about them and if I'm at a computer at that time. They are never meant to disrespect anyone (and I try to keep posters comments in line so that they aren't disrespectful) and I always end up finding out new information about the incident. I would do the same if someone was arrested because of a DUI, violence at a club, etc. While I don't like how little privacy athletes already have, I know that what they do (or happens to them) in their personal lives will affect their collectibles. I've already seen a few people on a few sites state that he will formally be charged with murder, though I don't know how valid those statements are.

Again, this was not meant to be disrespectful or offensive in any way.

I'm sorry. Gut reaction on my part. I'm sure you didn't mean it in the manner in which I initially perceived it. I should have given myself time before I spouted off like that. My apologies.

Group Hug time

(06-06-2012, 10:33 AM)marquettewade3 Wrote: I'm sorry. Gut reaction on my part. I'm sure you didn't mean it in the manner in which I initially perceived it. I should have given myself time before I spouted off like that. My apologies.
No problem, I completely understand how it could have been taken that way. If you actually read the comments some people are putting on the article, it's quite sickening.
(06-06-2012, 11:00 AM)bbills1999 Wrote: Group Hug time
This is all you're getting buddy...

*daps*

Smile

No change...Look at Kobe Bryant, much worst and nothing changed.
Collecting Vintage OPC and older oddball and food issues as well as Maple Leafs.

Enjoy the hobby at it's purest form, treat it as you did as a kid.

his cards were worthless to me before and are worthless to me now.
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

(06-06-2012, 11:23 AM)quavis Wrote: his cards were worthless to me before and are worthless to me now.
+1