`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
First homerun at your first game, who was it?
Question 
First homerun at your first game, who was it?
Mine was Fred McGriff against the Marlins in 1993. My very first game as well! Smile
[Image: Exposfan09.jpg]

"Because some men aren't looking for money. They can't be bought, bullied, or reasoned with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Collecting Ryan Zimmerman and Marquis Grissom!

RE: First homerun at your first game, who was it?
Darryl Strawberry, don't remember who the Mets played against that day. I was pretty young but it still sticks out in my mind.
[Image: fgdfdgdfgdfgdf.jpg]
CARD COUNT: (Met cards - 15655)      (Piazza - 1610)      (Wright - 759)

I'm not sure what my first was as I was so young, but I remember seeing Tony Gywnn's only career inside the park homerun at the vet! Smile

(02-17-2011, 07:54 AM)exposfan09 Wrote: Mine was Fred McGriff against the Marlins in 1993. My very first game as well! Smile
not my first home run, but the first fred mcgriff homerun i saw was when he was with the syracuse chiefs Smile

My first home run was Frank White, Kansas City Royals at Kaufman back in '78

(02-17-2011, 09:41 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: not my first home run, but the first fred mcgriff homerun i saw was when he was with the syracuse chiefs Smile

My first home run was Frank White, Kansas City Royals at Kaufman back in '78
Nice Frank White....always liked him.

[Image: Exposfan09.jpg]

"Because some men aren't looking for money. They can't be bought, bullied, or reasoned with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Collecting Ryan Zimmerman and Marquis Grissom!

(02-17-2011, 09:43 AM)exposfan09 Wrote: Nice Frank White....always liked him.
I can't say I can remember the first homer I witnessed as I was 8 when I attended my first major league game (1982).

However the earliest homer I can vividly remember was in May of '87 when Tim "Rock" Raines hit a grand slam off of Jesse Orosco in the 10th inning. My best friend and I were sitting in the upper deck of old Shea Stadium (can't believe I'm saying that lol) and we couldn't see if the ball left the yard or not. We had to rely on the reactions of the other fans in attendance and the players. Obviously it was a crushing defeat that day so that's probably why I remember it the most.
Baseball- 2019 Allen and Ginter and Topps Chrome Inserts. Fernando Tatis Jr. and New York Mets.

Hockey - Auston Matthews. 2019-20 Upper Deck Young Guns and Insert Sets. New York Islanders.

Joe Carter 1986. Never forget it.

LF 1934/1936 Diamond Stars
&
05 Turkey Red SPs
13 Turkey Red
12 Archives Au's
12 Archives Gold
13 Finest Master Set
Ginter mini Snakes/Fortunes/Beards/Hats/Bikes

(02-17-2011, 07:54 AM)exposfan09 Wrote: Mine was Fred McGriff against the Marlins in 1993. My very first game as well! Smile
Duke Snider in Ebbetts field, I was young but I do remember it well. It was also my first ball game.

MiLB game, Chris Owings. Was the second or third batter of the game against the Peoria Chiefs in South Bend. He crushed it.

Hak-Ju Lee made a great diving play and Matt Davidson went 3-4 with a game winning triple. Also met Logan Watkins, great guy.

Davidsons game:
[Image: davidson2-1.jpg]

[Image: vitterswest.jpg]

Wants: JOSH VITTERS, Matt Davidson, Peyton Manning, and Cubs.

I didn't go to my 1st big league game until I went to Turner Field in 07

I've went to maybe 30-40 games since then and a couple AAA games as well

Not sure who hit the 1st one I saw but the 1st I can remember was probably Barry Bonds knocking one out in 07 to right field against my Bravos

My most memorable one was last year when I was at the home opener and Heyward crushed a 3 run homer in his 1st at bat into the back of the bullpen not to far from where we were sitting (The crowd went nuts)
My Bucket - w/ PC & Up For Sale Scans (NOT BACK UP TO DATE YET)