Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey chris..when does the 2015 baseball rookie rolodex issue come out??? thanks
how do I know if a topps card I have is a tiffany
(02-28-2015, 09:27 AM)biker200799 Wrote: [ -> ]how do I know if a topps card I have is a tiffany
generally, the card will have a high gloss on the front, and is printed on white card stock on the back instead of gray.

for topps traded sets, the only way to tell is the glossy front.
I have a few 2010 Topps Heritage Cards with some significant printing errors. It appears that the front of the original base card was run through a printing process for a set of cards called Topps '61 Stamps of America's greatest stars. This is the header and below are two stamp images similar to the Framed Dual Stamp Image insert set for the 2010 Topps Heritage and also the logo of the team for the players in the stamp. Many of these cards have only partial printing errors.

I have not been able to find any information for Topps '61 Stamps of America's greatest stars. Have you heard about this set or printing errors of this kind.

Thanks for your time.
Why is there no pricing on the 2014 Topps Archives Future Stars Freddie Freeman?
Regarding 2015 Topps baseball first home run cards.. I found 2 blank fronts of Eric Hosmer FHR-08 & Ryan Howard #FHR-24 in a hanger pack/box.
Obviously a printing malfunction, but have you seen or heard of anyone else reporting the same "error"?

Thanks for any help,
Greg K.
(04-07-2015, 08:33 PM)gdk6970 Wrote: [ -> ]Regarding 2015 Topps baseball first home run cards.. I found 2 blank fronts of Eric Hosmer FHR-08 & Ryan Howard #FHR-24 in a hanger pack/box.
Obviously a printing malfunction, but have you seen or heard of anyone else reporting the same "error"?

Thanks for any help,
Greg K.
no foil front cards are a fairly common printing flaw, especially when topps ups their production numbers as they have in the years since strasburg and harper were rookies. as a historical sidenote: the first major set no foils were found in the 1991 stadium club set
Any chance 2015 tribute autos will be priced?
I have a 2002 Fleer Genuine Leaders Game Jersey Randy Johnson. All of these cards I have seen have a blue jersey, but this one has what appears to be woven gold-colored metal. I can find no other Diamondbacks jersey with this color. Can't even find a iamondbacks jersey that ever had this color. Any info on this. Thanks.
It's most likely a patch from the numbers on the jersey.