Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

malouf1850

is there a set of autographed baseball cards signed by female teames of the 40's and 50's
malouf1850 Wrote:
Sorry for venting about all of my issues but i have sent these questions to Beckett from my work email 4 times and no one has ever responed to me.

I passed this info along to two people who can handle your questions for grading/tech.
malouf1850 Wrote:I would like to know if Beckett would grade DC Comic Cards and Marval Cards? I have autographed inserts of Capt. America, Night Crawler & Silver Surfer along with gold inserts of Spiderman, Halk, Ironman & Wolverine. Then I have Hologram cards of Green Lantern, Clark Kent, Dooms Day and Superman.

I'm 99 percent sure that BGS grades nearly all non-sports cards. (No adult cards.)
malouf1850 Wrote:is there a set of autographed baseball cards signed by female teames of the 40's and 50's

Long-time dealer Larry Fritsch helped create several sets featuring players from the AAGPBL (All-American Girls Professional Baseball League) as seen in A League of Their Own.

You can see the sets here:

http://www.fritschcards.com/pages/aagpbl.html />

As for signed cards, there have been countless signings through the years since the movie and since the cards were released. However, I don't think there was a signed set that was released. (I could be wrong, but that's the answer off the top of my head.)
Hi call me crazy but does beckett grade for instance 1992 micro topps cards??
tshormis5 Wrote:Hi call me crazy but does beckett grade for instance 1992 micro topps cards??

Yep.
chrisolds Wrote:
bryandwilliams79 Wrote:Hi, I have the 1991 Fleer Baseball Card Set. On the top of the box it says, "Baseball Fleer '91 Logo Stickers & Trading Cards" There are 732 Cards and 50 stickers. I can't find it when I try to search for it, is there any way you could help me find out how much it is worth and if it would be more valuable as a complete set, or by the individual cards that came in the box?
$0$0Just search for 1991 Fleer and filter for baseball. It's not very valuable at all... $0
$0$0I have one too. Why is not valuable anymore?$0
Any chance soon that the minor league team sets from 2007 to present will be added to the OPG
FuriousD82 Wrote:
chrisolds Wrote:
bryandwilliams79 Wrote:Hi, I have the 1991 Fleer Baseball Card Set. On the top of the box it says, "Baseball Fleer '91 Logo Stickers & Trading Cards" There are 732 Cards and 50 stickers. I can't find it when I try to search for it, is there any way you could help me find out how much it is worth and if it would be more valuable as a complete set, or by the individual cards that came in the box?
$0$0Just search for 1991 Fleer and filter for baseball. It's not very valuable at all... $0
$0$0I have one too. Why is not valuable anymore?$0

It's just not a good set, it's got a design people downright loathe, and Fleer printed a lot of those cards (just like everyone else did).

1991 wasn't one of the best years on cardboard -- and the Fleer set is lacking a Chipper Jones card, which is one of the few highlights elsewhere.
SHELBYSALEEN Wrote:Any chance soon that the minor league team sets from 2007 to present will be added to the OPG

Doubtful.