Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(11-13-2013, 10:08 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: [ -> ]working for me
Thanks! It's working for me too. Must have been a temp glitch with my subscription ending and re-subscription not auto renewing.
1997 Topps Mint????

[Image: 1997ToppsMint_zpsfc8bbede-1.jpg]

[Image: 1997ToppsMintBack_zps9b109c07-1.jpg]
(09-23-2009, 07:29 PM)chrisolds Wrote: [ -> ]Have a question about something? Post it here and I'll see if I can answer it. Who knows, it could end up in a future issue...

FYIs, though:
I don't handle pricing ... that would be the "ask the senior price guide analyst" sticky thread to perhaps arrive over in the Beckett Baseball Pricing Forum.

I also don't handle tech/site issues or subscriptions. Please use customerservice@beckett.com.

Other than that, I'll see what I can do...

This is one of a few new things we're going to try online in terms of reader interaction projects. We're also soon going to try some multimedia projects as well.

I have a 1990 Frank Thomas card that is mostly all blue. The sky is blue not white the grass is blue the dirt is blue. The socks are blue with a little white in them. The other person in the picture shirt is blue. The whole card looks like a ink error. I have the picture in photobucket, but I don't know how to get it from there to on here.
Help?
(11-24-2013, 08:15 PM)mmontley Wrote: [ -> ]
I have a 1990 Frank Thomas card that is mostly all blue. The sky is blue not white the grass is blue the dirt is blue. The socks are blue with a little white in them. The other person in the picture shirt is blue. The whole card looks like a ink error. I have the picture in photobucket, but I don't know how to get it from there to on here.
Help?
copy the image code or forum code, paste it here

if you can only find a a web link, you can use a img src html code to paste it
[Image: 1990FrankThomas001_zps41b3a921.jpg]s05ab171f.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Just a bad-too wet cyan printing plate. just a botched print job there.
I was wondering how many of the 1990 Frank Thomas cards are out there like the one I have and how did it even make it out of the printing shop. It is a very hard card to miss how much blue ink is on the card. I have seen other cards with missing ink or to much ink on the backs of other cards, but nothing like this card I have. I do have other cards I will be posting on here also.
(11-26-2013, 02:39 PM)mmontley Wrote: [ -> ]I was wondering how many of the 1990 Frank Thomas cards are out there like the one I have and how did it even make it out of the printing shop. It is a very hard card to miss how much blue ink is on the card. I have seen other cards with missing ink or to much ink on the backs of other cards, but nothing like this card I have. I do have other cards I will be posting on here also.
they literally printed tens of millions of these cards. flawed cards were very common...wrong back, missing ink, too much ink, blank backs, miscuts, etc. when you are printing that much, you are going to miss a lot. plus, topps has never been all that concerned about quality control

you might find a frank thomas collector that might give you a buck or two for it as a novelty, but most folks will look at it as the flawed card that it is
Thanks, to me it's just a fun card to have.
Hello. I have a card question, and would appreciate assistance in determining what these cards are. They look on both sides as if they are actual 2005 Upper Deck Baseball Heroes cards. I have eight of them numbered 105, 110, 125, 130, 140, 155, 165, and 185. They appear to be Short Print Headers for the eight Baseball Players. The issue is they have a "box" where the Serial Number was supposed to be printed in (xxx/575) but they all are missing their Serial Numbers. Are they promo cards, or possible Error cards? I have done some research, but haven't located any info. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dave

photo scan0098_zpsbae5a4bd.jpg