Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Free Agency - UPDATE!!! Bears got Akoye and Barber!!! Whoo Hoo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
The only question I care about at this time is what will the Phins do with Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown? I really want them both back and feel there are no better options out there.

Ive personally nicknamed them "The Ricky and Ronnie Show" because there are the whole offense.

Everyone keeps saying DeAngelo Williams will replace them and see what Daniel Thomas can do his rookie season. I thought DeAngelo Williams is a restricted free agent (not 100% sure).

Bottom line is I want my two RBs to remain in a Phins uniform!!!

What do you guys/gals think? Also share your thoughts about your own teams as well.
Actually most likely DeAngelo is headed to DEN, would be sad to see Ricky go from MIA.

Just really fricken glad its done...now I can book my plane tickets. I should sue NFL for the price increase in airfare I'm going to have to pay due to waiting a few months since the schedule was first released LOL

Side note - Cant WAIT to see GBP and ATL with their new players! GAME ON!
just a thought but with fox leaving carolina i think deangelo may be headed to denver. just a thought. denver is known for having a ton of rb's at the beginning of the preseason and filtering out who they dont want. i just have a feeling thats where he goes.

which in turn gives the dolphins the option to resign either of their boys. good luck.
(07-25-2011, 02:03 PM)mattfastiggi Wrote: [ -> ]Actually most likely DeAngelo is headed to DEN, would be sad to see Ricky go from MIA.

Just really fricken glad its done...now I can book my plane tickets. I should sue NFL for the price increase in airfare I'm going to have to pay due to waiting a few months since the schedule was first released LOL

Side note - Cant WAIT to see GBP and ATL with their new players! GAME ON!
we must have been typing at the same time
Denver can have him lol.

Also according to espn free agent list here are the Phins FAs

Pennington, Chad (sitting out a year)
Williams, Ricky (Want him)
Brown, Ronnie (Need him)
Cobbs, Patrick (like his versatility)
McDaniel, Tony (can live without)
McQuistan, Pat (can live without)
Procter, Cory (can live without)
Moses, Quentin (could use for depth but I feel we have enough)
Thigpen, Tyler (didnt draft a QB and have zero depth so by default sign him)
Well, here i go. I think Ricky will retire. Ronnie will be back with the phins and team up with Daniel Thomas. Then Deangelo will go to Denver with John fox, if not, he could possibly stay with Carolina. AS for my giants, they have to keep Steve Smith. He is Dallas Cowboys worst enemy. I think they should also keep Ahmad Bradshaw and think about moving Brandon Jacobs especially after drafting a RB this year and they still have Andre Brown. Then I think they should sign Thomas Davis for one of the OLB spots since thats the biggest weekness on this team is linebacker. And i heard that Nick Barnett on the trade block and that GB needs a DE. Why not get fussy head Osi out of NY in exchange for Barnett??!!! The Giants have plenty of Dline help. I also think the giants might have to look at a D tackle. I think they have a great roster. Just need a couple of good linebackers and to have Eli cut down on turnovers.
(07-25-2011, 02:51 PM)giantsfan Wrote: [ -> ]And i heard that Nick Barnett on the trade block and that GB needs a DE. Why not get fussy head Osi out of NY in exchange for Barnett??!!!
Love the sound of that! Let's do it!! Smile
(07-25-2011, 02:59 PM)uwash97 Wrote: [ -> ]Love the sound of that! Let's do it!! Smile
+1 he does not fit with the packers
(07-25-2011, 02:59 PM)uwash97 Wrote: [ -> ]Love the sound of that! Let's do it!! Smile
Agreed! That would be fantastic. Imagine Osi coming from 1 side and Clay from the other!
(07-25-2011, 03:11 PM)sconnienation3 Wrote: [ -> ]Agreed! That would be fantastic. Imagine Osi coming from 1 side and Clay from the other!
I love that trade as well. Both teams will fill a need.
my thoughts Wink

I see a lot of teams scrambling to sign players back to the team, vs looking for new blood ..... too close to preseason, not enough negotiating time, and I see the players taking what they can get on a one year deal and then hammering the teams next season when their reps have more time to play the market.

I do see a number of this years draft class never playing the game due to inexperience, no pre-season training, and too many veterans being in good health.

I also see a bunch of ol' timers playing their last year in 2011 (except Brett of course Wink) so 2012 will be the big year imho. Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12