Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Free Agency - UPDATE!!! Bears got Akoye and Barber!!! Whoo Hoo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
As a Rams fan I would love to see them get Sidney Rice at WR and Darren Sproles as a change of pace back to Steven Jackson. They also need another run stopper on the DL and a LB or two. I heard Ben Leber mentioned as a possibility. They also need a DB, preferably a safety since we lost OJ Otagwe. We will see what happens as the free agent frenzy is set to begin.
(07-25-2011, 05:45 PM)demondukk Wrote: [ -> ]I want the Pats to get a receiver over 6', don't get me wrong, love Wes & Deion but there was a void once Randy left. No real big play/deep threat. Also, beef up the D, that never hurts!

I wouldn't be surprised if moss goes back to new england for that very reason. I think both sides need each other more than they thought they did last year.
So far the rumors I've heard the most of are-

Reggie Bush to- St. Louis/Miami/Phili (would be odd with Mccoy there)
Ahmad Bradshaw to Miami (he's been hyping that one up himself)
Deangelo Williams to Denver (they were talking GB when Grant went down last year)
Ronnie Brown off of Miami but no destination listed
Kolb to Arizona for D.R.C. +?
McNabb- Miami / Minnesota
Vincent Jackson or Ocho Cinco to NE
Paul Pozlunsky (spelling?) to the Giants
Aloha everyone. Well, i believe it will come down to who will be cut, who will be traded/acquired, who will re-structure their contracts and how much cap space teams will have. I think the cap is $120 million and the floor is $108 million(or something like that). Here is a list of team breakdowns (I'm not sure if this is the exact amount).

NFC North:
Chicago $37. million under
Detroit $16.6 million under
Green Bay $62,600 under
Minnesota $5.1 million over

NFC South:
Atlanta $13.9 million under
Carolina $30.6 million under
New Orleans $11.7 million under
Tampa Bay $59.2 million under

NFC East:
Dallas $18.9 million over
N.Y. Giants $11.3 million over
Philadelphia $13 million under
Washington $10.6 million under

NFC West:
Arizona $37.3 million under
San Francisco $19.4 million under
Seattle $39 million under
St. Louis $35.6 million under

AFC North:
Baltimore $5.33 million under
Cincinnati $35.9 million under
Cleveland $33.3 million under
Pittsburgh $10 million over

AFC South:
Houston $7.6 million under
Indianapolis $2.7 million over
Jacksonville $31.4 million under
Tennessee $10.3 million under

AFC East:
Buffalo $35.9 million under
Miami $13.6 million under
New England $7.57 million under
N.Y. Jets $1.2 million over

AFC West:
Denver $1 million under
Kansas City $34.3 million under
Oakland $10 million over
San Diego $19.4 million under

Bakerman - I do believe that Brown & Williams will be kept with either of them re-structuring of the contracts. With the draft of Thomas, i think your running game is fine. I have been hearing that you guys might be looking for a QB though.

As for the Broncos, there is talk already of Kyle Orton being traded, but we just don't know who just yet. If he is traded we should clear up about $9 million, and if Tebow is named the starter he will have a $6 million bonus. I am looking forward to see who will be cut to clear up some space. I love Deangelo, but if he is coming with a hefty price tag, i don't see it happening as i'd rather go after Mike Bush and some UDFA's like RB Noel Devine, RB Derrick Locke and *FB Henry Hynoski. I see the Broncos going after DT Brandon Mebane, and prefer to spend it on a DT, since it wasn't addressed in the draft.

Aloha
Ok so for the Dolphins this is what i see happening.

Ronnie is gone i hate to say it but he and Daniel thomas are the same type of RB. He will land elsewhere. Dolphins will go hard after Ahmad Bradshaw i think to compliment Thomas.
Then they have Hilliard & Sheets to fill in then. I then see them trying to get either Vince Young, Marc Bulger or Orton(if cut) to compete with Henne. Thigpen will not resign unless he gets aREAL shot at winning the starting job.
The o-line looks good maybe bring in some depth but the starters will cost too much and should be better when healthy.
The D is good just need to bring in another DE for depth and a OLB for the otherside of wake. Misi is good but still need another Pass rusher.

Thats it for them. I see alot of things happening over then next few days and could be surprises that no one sees coming.
(07-25-2011, 08:21 PM)gadsden86 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok so for the Dolphins this is what i see happening.

Ronnie is gone i hate to say it but he and Daniel thomas are the same type of RB. He will land elsewhere. Dolphins will go hard after Ahmad Bradshaw i think to compliment Thomas.
Then they have Hilliard & Sheets to fill in then. I then see them trying to get either Vince Young, Marc Bulger or Orton(if cut) to compete with Henne. Thigpen will not resign unless he gets aREAL shot at winning the starting job.
The o-line looks good maybe bring in some depth but the starters will cost too much and should be better when healthy.
The D is good just need to bring in another DE for depth and a OLB for the otherside of wake. Misi is good but still need another Pass rusher.

Thats it for them. I see alot of things happening over then next few days and could be surprises that no one sees coming.
Ronnie to me is a special back who does everything well. Thomas may or may not pan out. Ahmad Bradshaw is explosive so I wont complain if we got him but Id really like ronnie and ricky to both return.

QBs All of them stink lol. Seriously wouldnt mind a shot at Favre. Warm weather for his old body....ehh nevermind Im dreaming.

As for defense. Going by what you said. Man one name pops into my head JASON TAYLOR!!! Can play opposite Wake. Can be a leader of the defense. Can rush the QB. Wont cost much! BRING BACK JT!!!

Hopefully we something from Odrick this season. Over the past 3 drafts we drafted so many D-line and none have panned out. We luckily got Wake (thanks to Parcells).

Worst part about being a Phins fan is we have the Pats and Jets in our division. If we win 10 games we miss the playoffs. 11 is what we have to get to and I dont see it happening.
oh and BTW you never said nothing about Ricky Williams!!! What do you think? Back or gone?
(07-25-2011, 11:20 PM)bakerman8419 Wrote: [ -> ]Seriously wouldnt mind a shot at Favre. Warm weather for his old body....ehh nevermind Im dreaming.
Maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention to the Dolphins last year...were they so awful that their own fans would want to inflict the curse of #4 on their own team?

Did you watch any Vikings games last year? Lol.

As a Packer fan, I love the guy no matter what he did or said, but the guy's playing career is more dead than the steak I had tonight for dinner tonight. I laugh at all the rumors of #4 in Philly, Brett Favre aint gonna come back out of retirement to hold a clipboard and sit on the bench. I could see Reid hiring him on as an assistant or maybe QB coach, but Brett Favre has played his last down in the NFL. Thankfully.
Id take Favre in a heartbeat!!!
Poor jkidd lol Sad he was so psyched that the cardinals signed him. Heck even on his wiki page it said they signed him.
(07-26-2011, 11:48 AM)deuce6000 Wrote: [ -> ]Poor jkidd lol Sad he was so psyched that the cardinals signed him. Heck even on his wiki page it said they signed him.
That's why you can't trust wikipedia for anything.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12