Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Wow why is this place so lonely?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
So i check here all throughout the day to see the latest and greatest discussions on baseball cards.
I didnt realize how dead it was compared to other places
i wont list any here because you would think i was advertising.
but it's usually me and one other AT MOST browsing the forums here.
but at 'the other place(s)' 180 were online and browsing and contributing.
I understand this place is great for trading. but since i dont trade, well, not much for me here except lookin at a few box breaks.
this is not a rant or a Dis, but actually a question....so..Why is it so Dead here?
i mean,
ITS BECKETT!!
I dunno.
I CAN tell you I posted a thread on the Trading Forum yesterday and within an hour it had dropped to page 2.
traders on strike!!!!!:p
people got pissed when the last site was so horrible, then got pissed when the new site took so long to get going . Then they got pissed cuz the new site still dsnt have alot of functions like match maker and the ability to change feedback .....then they REALLY got pissed when they started charging for the org.
i never paid for an opg or for the org but i believe that beckett is still considered as one of the site that everyone must be a member of. Smile
(03-05-2012, 05:07 PM)john1580 Wrote: [ -> ]people got pissed when the last site was so horrible, then got pissed when the new site took so long to get going . Then they got pissed cuz the new site still dsnt have alot of functions like match maker and the ability to change feedback .....then they REALLY got pissed when they started charging for the org.
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Also, I don't think the people viewing thing at the top is accurate.
Yeah, there's no way its accurate. I click on usersname all the time and it shows they are online, but doesnt list them at the top of the pages
To be honest, I make a few deals on here, here and there. But I hate the fact that it's a stipulation that you have to add cards to your "org" to trade or sell. That sucks, I'm on 3 other forums and they don't expect you to follow a big list of rules and regulations to trade or sell. That's why I believe those forums have so much more traffic, and one of the reasons John migrated as well.

Not taking anything away from Beckett, it's a nice forum. I pay for the OPG, and I like to list my recent pickups here. But that's about all I do here. From time to time, there are some nice discussions going on and I like to read and chime in. But other than that, people steer clear of selling and some trading here because of some of the rules. I can't tell you how many times I've posted scans to trade or sell and one of the MODs deleted it, or locked it out.

All this is just my opinion.
If you read through all the posts, that pretty much sums up why things are the way they are here.
I've gone off and joined a few other boards, but for trading this site is the easiest interface. Building a database of what you have for trade is pretty time-consuming.
"I can't tell you how many times I've posted scans to trade or sell and one of the MODs deleted it, or locked it out."

That s?cks. Sad
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10