Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Wow why is this place so lonely?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
(03-06-2012, 08:27 AM)chrisa19978 Wrote: [ -> ]When loading cards it actually goes like this look the card up add it. I use a certain fold I made just for adding cards, after you finish that you need to go to your org and open the folder your using hit the select all button type one, then you do the same thing for tradeing the card you need to add one. Then if you have multiple of a cetain card you need to find it and put the number you have and how many your willing to trade. Its a pretty slow and painful process.
Yes it is very slow and painful. I still have yet to find a less time consuming way. My favorite thing is when you select 200 different cards to add to your org, you hit add and it pops up that you have to be logged in! This happens randomly to me even when logged in, and guess what, you have to go back and check the 200 again! Another fun one is you select the 200 cards, add them to your org. Pull them up in your org and it loaded all 200 cards multiple times, so can't do select all because you will end up adding to many cards. Very frustrating to say the least.
You really don't want to push it, it seems that every time they update something something else goes wrong.
I may be remembering things wrong;

When I first joined the site back in 2002, adding to the Org was so much easier and setting quantities. I think I added close to 40K cards in a month or two.

I come back about 6 months ago, org all messed up. Delete Everything. Clean the collection down to about 5K cards and spend 2 months entering 5K cards.

The usability linking OPG and ORG is not great.

I keep a want list but keeping it updated when I have 200+ incoming cards is a pain in the ***** since the org makes a duplicate of the wanted card and doesn't remove it from the wants.

Example;
I want Card A and marked as wanting Qty 1. Make a trade w/ person who has Card A (Yay!). Go and look in my org and Card A is listed twice, once in the recently traded and once in my wants (Booo). I now spend an hour or two running searches to remove the item from being Wanted. I do this only because I'm anal about keeping my org updated and pisses me off when I can't find a card for someone.
(03-05-2012, 05:59 PM)jtraven42 Wrote: [ -> ]I just got here a few months ago and I dig it. I've made some really great trades to fill out my vintage sets, and helped people with stuff that was just sitting in my basement. I'm a fan. Also, my beer post got like 14,398 responses.
So, I got that going for me. Which is nice.
+1 caddyshack reference
For me personally, I just completed my first trade since Beckett starting charging for the price guide/org. I have since started trading on some other sites.

I come on here daily (or at least try to) to read, discuss, and view everyones pick-ups.

I think before long this site will start charging by the post...lol
looks like i hit a nerve by starting this thread- but it's good to hear that im not the only one that is frustrated- the #1 name in baseball pricing/trading, and its not #1 for website trading. I think Beckett has really put this low on their level of importance, which if done correctly- it could cause an influx of trading, community, and Interest.
(03-06-2012, 10:52 AM)mikmouse24 Wrote: [ -> ]looks like i hit a nerve by starting this thread- but it's good to hear that im not the only one that is frustrated- the #1 name in baseball pricing/trading, and its not #1 for website trading. I think Beckett has really put this low on their level of importance, which if done correctly- it could cause an influx of trading, community, and Interest.
The pricing they provide is of no use for auctions except as a suggestion and it's rare you will get that price. They can't keep pricing updated based on sales with how quick they move on ebay and the many avenues to buy/sell.

To me the only reason to have the price guide is for trading to be able to compare 1 card to another in hopes of a fair trade. I know crap about the new stars and prospects but know a little about the 90's guys. It helps make an even field.

Price Guide & Trading kinda go hand in hand but they have dropped the ball on trading.

With work and some school stuff coming up I wont be trading for a month or two. Hopefully when I do pick it up again there will be some new traders. With the way Beckett moves (slower than a snail) we'll be lucky to see matchmaker by 2020.
Considering it's the first week of March and there's only one 2012 product on the shelf so far, this place doesn't seem that 'lonely' to me. Check back here in May or June and I'm sure you'll sense a difference.
(03-06-2012, 09:25 AM)jd2k2003 Wrote: [ -> ]I keep a want list but keeping it updated when I have 200+ incoming cards is a pain in the ***** since the org makes a duplicate of the wanted card and doesn't remove it from the wants.

Example;
I want Card A and marked as wanting Qty 1. Make a trade w/ person who has Card A (Yay!). Go and look in my org and Card A is listed twice, once in the recently traded and once in my wants (Booo). I now spend an hour or two running searches to remove the item from being Wanted. I do this only because I'm anal about keeping my org updated and pisses me off when I can't find a card for someone.
This is my biggest gripe with OPG but I've got a routine that makes things a little easier for me. There's definitely a learning curve with the ORG but once you get used to it, it's very effective and becomes second nature.
(03-06-2012, 11:26 AM)sastahl Wrote: [ -> ]People keep referring to these "other sites". can someone send me a pm lol i would like to know
Here here.
(03-06-2012, 11:26 AM)sastahl Wrote: [ -> ]People keep referring to these "other sites". can someone send me a pm lol i would like to know
+1 ive been out of the game for a few years. i only have 2 other sites I am a member of. send me a pm if u have any others, i really need a site thats good for setbuilders
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10