Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Tribute thread for the "Freak" Randy Moss!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I decided to create a thread in honor of my all-time favorite football player Randy Moss, who it seems at the moment is retired. I am hoping with everything I have that he comes back because football will not be as fun to me without him. Sad

Randy Moss was a very misunderstood guy in my opinion and didn't mean much harm by most of his antics I don't think? If this is the end of his career I will always remember him for being one of the most electrifying players the NFL has ever seen! He's had an unquestionable HOF career and if somehow he doesn't make it in on the first ballot it would be a trajedy in my eyes!

Lots of misinformed fans who don't do the reasearch seem to believe that Moss had slacker years in most seasons... NOTHING COULD BE FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH! Infact of his 13 seasons only TWO could be considered bad ones. Here are his stats

1998 Vikings: 69 rec, 1,313 yards, and 17 TD's (rookie record)
1999 Vikings: 80 rec, 1,413 yards, and 11 TD's
2000 Vikings: 77 rec, 1,437 yards, and 15 TD's
2001 Vikings: 82 rec, 1,233 yards, and 10 TD's
2002 Vikings: 106 rec, 1,347 yards, and 7 TD's
2003 Vikings: 111 rec, 1,632 yards, and 17 TD's
2004 Vikings: 49 rec, 767 yards, and 13 TD's
2005 Raiders: 60 rec, 1,005 yards, and 8 TD's
2006 Raiders: 42 rec, 553 yards, and 3 TD's
2007 Patriots: 98 rec, 1,493 yards, and 23 TD's (record 4 a season)
2008 Patriots: 69 rec, 1,008 yards, and 11 TD's
2009 Patriots: 83 rec, 1,264 yards, and 13 TD's
2010 Pats/Vikes/Titans: 28 rec, 393 yards, and 5 TD's

So as you can see only 2006 and 2010 can be considered bad years. 2004 he missed three whole games after a torn hamstring suffered against the Saints. It's worth mentioning that he managed to grab 13 TD's in 13 games played! Many bring up his Raiders stint, but 2005 was a pretty good year all things considered with that team. Any receiver who could get over 1,000 yards and 8 TD's especially on a team like that (they were 4-12) would be thrilled.

Randy came into the NFL dominating like no other rookie ever had or ever will in my opinion. Think of the last rookie that came into the nfl who just completely RIPPED IT UP!!!! Remember this???......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-d5jyfNzgsg

He made the NFL his own personal showcase as a ROOKIE... all the while helping lead the Vikings to a 15-1 record, an NFC Championship Game, AND the single season points record!

Everyone please share your favorite Moss memory and what you will miss most about his talents!

And of course I have to show off a nice card since this IS beckett LOL
[Image: mosscardsineed7.jpg]
This will always be my all-time favorite football card and will forever remain in my PC!

Last but not least if you guys have time PLEASE watch this video! It will instantly remind you of how special Randy was!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE8sJI7PxQU

Take care everyone!
Thats a SAWEET card bro !! Whats that worth? 600? 9.5 is listed 450
That card is awesome!
Thanks guys! Bump for anyone who wants to share their Moss memories or talk about the card lol Smile
(08-04-2011, 10:40 PM)eazy e Wrote: [ -> ]Thats a SAWEET card bro !! Whats that worth? 600? 9.5 is listed 450
I really don't know what it's worth? But there are alot of hardcore Moss collectors out there! There are only ten BGS 10's and about 100 9.5's so idk really? I bought it last September for 750.00 and to me that was a steal! I would have easily paid over a grand for it lol! I'd never seen a Pristine SPA of his prior to that, they're very elusive surprisingly!? The other 9 must be stored in high end PC's somewhere cause you never see them for sale barely?

man a pristine version wow!!! nice card
(08-04-2011, 10:30 PM)bengu Wrote: [ -> ]2007 Patriots: 98 rec, 1,493 yards, and 23 TD's (record 4 a season)
Record for a FULL 16 game season.
(08-05-2011, 01:16 PM)thelegendjerryrice Wrote: [ -> ]Record for a FULL 16 game season.
Lol... Yeah yeah... Rice benefited greatly from always having a HOF QB by his side. Imagine if Moss had Brady or Manning his entire career? I think it'd be safe to say he'd ALREADY have better career numbers than Rice. As far as who had the great work ethic and longevity, no doubt it was Rice. But as to who was more talented, the better athlete, and the overall more skilled in every sense of the word it was MOSS period! Compare any Rice highlight package to a Moss one and show it to someone who doesn't have bias against either and 99/100 will say they think Moss was better!

Sorry dude Sad .... But Rice definitely is a legend and the best statistical WR by a mile!
I would post scans of some of my dad's Moss cards... but I'm too lazy...
(08-05-2011, 04:55 PM)bengu Wrote: [ -> ]Lol... Yeah yeah... Rice benefited greatly from always having a HOF QB by his side. Imagine if Moss had Brady or Manning his entire career? I think it'd be safe to say he'd ALREADY have better career numbers than Rice. As far as who had the great work ethic and longevity, no doubt it was Rice. But as to who was more talented, the better athlete, and the overall more skilled in every sense of the word it was MOSS period! Compare any Rice highlight package to a Moss one and show it to someone who doesn't have bias against either and 99/100 will say they think Moss was better!

Sorry dude Sad .... But Rice definitely is a legend and the best statistical WR by a mile!
And Brady is some BUM right.

(08-05-2011, 05:15 PM)Marinocollector Wrote: [ -> ]I would post scans of some of my dad's Moss cards... but I'm too lazy...
What does he have?
Pages: 1 2 3 4