Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Tribute thread for the "Freak" Randy Moss!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(08-07-2011, 01:18 AM)deuce6000 Wrote: [ -> ]Ugh I hated that...
I love doing it to this day. I'm gonna have to keep an old version of it just to have him around or throw him in the "create-a-player" pool!
This is what I remember first when I think about the freak because I always knew that record was threatened as long as he was playing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHXxQG4UJ1I
Def respect that 12 game 22 TD run Rice had. Moss surely can put up an argument for the best season ever. So can Don Hutson and a few others. For Moss to do it later in his career is awesome. You have to think there is much more film of Randy Moss in 2007 for the teams defending him than what the teams in 1987 had to go on in regards to Rice.
(08-07-2011, 01:26 AM)killrbees17 Wrote: [ -> ]This is what I remember first when I think about the freak because I always knew that record was threatened as long as he was playing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHXxQG4UJ1I
Def respect that 12 game 22 TD run Rice had. Moss surely can put up an argument for the best season ever. So can Don Hutson and a few others. For Moss to do it later in his career is awesome. You have to think there is much more film of Randy Moss in 2007 for the teams defending him than what the teams in 1987 had to go on in regards to Rice.
Moss clearly just beat his man. Nothing special about the play except moss leaving his defender in his dust....
(08-07-2011, 01:31 AM)thelegendjerryrice Wrote: [ -> ]Moss clearly just beat his man. Nothing special about the play except moss leaving his defender in his dust....
He was good at doing that.

(08-07-2011, 01:36 AM)killrbees17 Wrote: [ -> ]He was good at doing that.
Rice made a career out of turning the short pass into something BIG.
Moss had speed.

I'm not taking anything away from Moss.
I was just pointing out that Moss has the record for a FULL 16 game season. While Rice on the other hand had 22 in 12 games.
(08-07-2011, 01:42 AM)thelegendjerryrice Wrote: [ -> ]Rice made a career out of turning the short pass into something BIG.
Moss had speed.

I'm not taking anything away from Moss.
I was just pointing out that Moss has the record for a FULL 16 game season. While Rice on the other hand had 22 in 12 games.
I'm 99.99999% sure that Rice would've had 2+ in the 49ers remaining 4 games had they played a full season. But, they didn't. So it is, as they say, what it is. Big Grin
(08-07-2011, 01:31 AM)thelegendjerryrice Wrote: [ -> ]Moss clearly just beat his man. Nothing special about the play except moss leaving his defender in his dust....
That's kind of the point in football. Eleven guys each trying to beat the other guy.
When did Jerry turn a 7 yard out into a 60+ yard td run?
I get the argument that is beating around the bush here, Randy is/was a jerk on AND off the field. Jerry was only a jerk on the field.
Jerry had two HOF qb's throwing to him.
Randy had a HOF caliber WR starting opposite when he got in the NFL.
Imagine if Randy had a qb like JoJo and Stevie the majority of his career, and if Jerry had Monk, Lofton or Newsome on the other side of the field.
I liked Randy. Made it where dudes like Sidney Rice can get drafted and a chance in the league now.
(08-07-2011, 01:53 AM)mrgonzodad Wrote: [ -> ]That's kind of the point in football. Eleven guys each trying to beat the other guy.
When did Jerry turn a 7 yard out into a 60+ yard td run?
I get the argument that is beating around the bush here, Randy is/was a jerk on AND off the field. Jerry was only a jerk on the field.
Jerry had two HOF qb's throwing to him.
Randy had a HOF caliber WR starting opposite when he got in the NFL.
Imagine if Randy had a qb like JoJo and Stevie the majority of his career, and if Jerry had Monk, Lofton or Newsome on the other side of the field.
I liked Randy. Made it where dudes like Sidney Rice can get drafted and a chance in the league now.
Marino is a HOF QB. Remind me again who he had for receivers ?
Elway is a HOF QB remind me who he had ?

Point is just because you have a HOF QB doesn't mean squat if you don't have talent.
When Moss left Minnesota what happened to Culpepper? Culpepper crumbled. What happened to Brady when Moss joined with him? Brady set the single season passing TD record. Who was in Oakland to throw to him?.........No one great..... but he still hit 1000 yards with a nobody.
Rice was great because he had the determination and learned skills... Moss was great because he had the natural talent... Megatron is both combined.
Calvin Johnson will be the best receiver of all times because he plays with natural skills, speed, and keeps his mouth shut!
Pages: 1 2 3 4