Beckett Message Boards
Quick Question... - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Quick Question... (/thread-1499367.html)

Pages: 1 2

Quick Question... - arod0770710 - 05-11-2012

Just wondering if any of you collectors out there have ever collected a player just because the name sounds cool or has a unique name? Example, I collected a player by the name of Wonderful Monds just because his name was so unique. Interested in some opinions. Thanks.

RE: Quick Question... - mobster - 05-11-2012

I think I'm going to start collecting Xander Bogaerts. His name is cool.

RE: Quick Question... - jacobystealshome - 05-11-2012

i have a large Dick Pole. collection.

RE: Quick Question... - philly eagle in az - 05-11-2012

I like the NFL player Jerrel Jernigan!

RE: Quick Question... - jonathani - 05-11-2012

I collect Mike Krukow for the nickname he earned while playing for the Cubs: "The Polish Prince". What is nice about this is his cards are so cheap! I always check for them when trading here.

JonathanI

RE: Quick Question... - bbills1999 - 05-11-2012

Someone in my Fantasy baseball league a few years back picked up Kila Ka'aihue because of his name so as a Joke i picked up one of these then Decided What the Hell ill try to complete it LOL

[Image: Cards1005-3.jpg]

RE: Quick Question... - arod0770710 - 05-13-2012

(05-11-2012, 05:22 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: i have a large Dick Pole. collection.

LOL!!! really funny how that worked out!!! LMAOF!!!!
(05-11-2012, 12:30 PM)bbills1999 Wrote: Someone in my Fantasy baseball league a few years back picked up Kila Ka'aihue because of his name so as a Joke i picked up one of these then Decided What the Hell ill try to complete it LOL

[Image: Cards1005-3.jpg]

Yeah...I think his is a cool name as well...was thinking of collecting him just for the name as well but never made up my mind.

(05-11-2012, 12:17 PM)philly eagle in az Wrote: I like the NFL player Jerrel Jernigan!

I purchased a few of his Autos on EBAY really cheap...I think his name is cool as well...also like Jahvid Best and Joe McKnight as well.

RE: Quick Question... - bryandavidknight - 05-13-2012

is that the same Wonderful Terrific Monds that I have some minor league Braves cards of? I think I remember that name.

RE: Quick Question... - kata78 - 05-13-2012

(05-11-2012, 05:22 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: i have a large Dick Pole. collection.

I was actually going through and scanning my 75' Mini set a day or two ago and saw that card. Gave me a chuckle... Smile

RE: Quick Question... - wolverine74 - 05-13-2012

(05-11-2012, 03:35 AM)arod0770710 Wrote: Just wondering if any of you collectors out there have ever collected a player just because the name sounds cool or has a unique name? Example, I collected a player by the name of Wonderful Monds just because his name was so unique. Interested in some opinions. Thanks.

Years ago I was the official scorekeeper for the ASA Supers World Series (slow-pitch softball). Wonderful Monds, after his baseball playing days, played for an A-level club sponsored by Mizuno.

Just a little useless information for you