`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Quick Question...

Quick Question...
Just wondering if any of you collectors out there have ever collected a player just because the name sounds cool or has a unique name? Example, I collected a player by the name of Wonderful Monds just because his name was so unique. Interested in some opinions. Thanks.

RE: Quick Question...
I think I'm going to start collecting Xander Bogaerts. His name is cool.
[Image: IsX9y.png]

i have a large Dick Pole. collection.

I like the NFL player Jerrel Jernigan!
Collecting Jimmer Fredette.

I collect Mike Krukow for the nickname he earned while playing for the Cubs: "The Polish Prince". What is nice about this is his cards are so cheap! I always check for them when trading here.

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Someone in my Fantasy baseball league a few years back picked up Kila Ka'aihue because of his name so as a Joke i picked up one of these then Decided What the Hell ill try to complete it LOL

[Image: Cards1005-3.jpg]

(05-11-2012, 05:22 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: i have a large Dick Pole. collection.
LOL!!! really funny how that worked out!!! LMAOF!!!!
(05-11-2012, 12:30 PM)bbills1999 Wrote: Someone in my Fantasy baseball league a few years back picked up Kila Ka'aihue because of his name so as a Joke i picked up one of these then Decided What the Hell ill try to complete it LOL

[Image: Cards1005-3.jpg]
Yeah...I think his is a cool name as well...was thinking of collecting him just for the name as well but never made up my mind.

(05-11-2012, 12:17 PM)philly eagle in az Wrote: I like the NFL player Jerrel Jernigan!
I purchased a few of his Autos on EBAY really cheap...I think his name is cool as well...also like Jahvid Best and Joe McKnight as well.

is that the same Wonderful Terrific Monds that I have some minor league Braves cards of? I think I remember that name.
[Image: bryansbanner2.jpg]
Braves certified auto count: 114 different players
HOF auto collection: 10 players
Looking for Braves auto's of current and former players.

(05-11-2012, 05:22 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: i have a large Dick Pole. collection.
I was actually going through and scanning my 75' Mini set a day or two ago and saw that card. Gave me a chuckle... Smile
[Image: Untitled_zpsec8eef53.jpg]

I be collecting BGS Jeter RC's & Tom Seaver (Mets Uniform) Autos/Patches

My PC Bucket.

http://s944.photobucket.com/albums/ad281/mjkata78/

(05-11-2012, 03:35 AM)arod0770710 Wrote: Just wondering if any of you collectors out there have ever collected a player just because the name sounds cool or has a unique name? Example, I collected a player by the name of Wonderful Monds just because his name was so unique. Interested in some opinions. Thanks.
Years ago I was the official scorekeeper for the ASA Supers World Series (slow-pitch softball). Wonderful Monds, after his baseball playing days, played for an A-level club sponsored by Mizuno.

Just a little useless information for you
[Image: Boston.jpg]