Beckett Message Boards
Where will Peyton Manning end up? I say the Phins make the most sense but... - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Sports Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-23.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: Where will Peyton Manning end up? I say the Phins make the most sense but... (/thread-1482808.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Where will Peyton Manning end up? I say the Phins make the most sense but... - DominusInfinitus - 02-21-2012

I agree, I feel that Manning will likely just retire. At the end of the day, I think he will want to retire as a Colt - so best case scenario he's got another 1-2 of sub-Manning play for the Colts, THEN retirement. Either way...just can't picture him in any other uniform!

RE: Where will Peyton Manning end up? I say the Phins make the most sense but... - peytonvols18 - 02-22-2012

(02-14-2012, 12:49 PM)ZeroDave Wrote: The Vikings could take him to teach Ponder a thing or two lol They have a tendency to take old washed up used QB's that are overdue for retirement.

WOAH WOAH WOAH..... I hope your not saying Peyton is an old washed up QB!

RE: Where will Peyton Manning end up? I say the Phins make the most sense but... - ZeroDave - 02-22-2012

(02-22-2012, 08:19 AM)peytonvols18 Wrote: WOAH WOAH WOAH..... I hope your not saying Peyton is an old washed up QB!

What I am trying to say he is beyond his prime. The neck surgery sure makes him a risk, and would be better sitting on the sidelines coaching. He's 35 years old, soon to be 36. Not much left on his clock if you know what I mean. He's been a great QB, and I've enjoyed watching him tremendously. But it may be his time, to call it quits or teach some new young talent.

RE: Where will Peyton Manning end up? I say the Phins make the most sense but... - peytonvols18 - 02-22-2012

Good call just dont want to see him quit playing. I am still in denile that he ever had surgery!

RE: Where will Peyton Manning end up? I say the Phins make the most sense but... - dmasci - 02-29-2012

I think he is going to decide to help the young Colt McCoy and come to Cleveland. He will make it clear he wants to be a part time player but really more of a mentor cause he believes in the young QB from Texas. This will allow the Browns to grab a tob RB with pick #4 and also add to the O-Line and WR position.

OK....I don't really believe this but I'm a Browns fan so I'm always thinking about "what if" and "wait until next year" :-)

RE: Where will Peyton Manning end up? I say the Phins make the most sense but... - bakerman8419 - 03-03-2012

Whats funny is we still dont know for sure where Peyton will end up. im running out of patience. lol.

RE: Where will Peyton Manning end up? I say the Phins make the most sense but... - peytonvols18 - 03-06-2012

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/report-peyton-manning-cut-colts-wednesday-231935941.html

Well its decided he wont be in Indy......Bummer!

RE: Where will Peyton Manning end up? I say the Phins make the most sense but... - bakerman8419 - 03-07-2012

I am sad he is leaving Indy but please for the sake of all that is holy come to Miami!!!

RE: Where will Peyton Manning end up? I say the Phins make the most sense but... - warcraftin - 03-07-2012

Indianapolis made a horrible ethical & business decision based entirely on greed. I am personally banning their games in my home. The only games I will watch of theirs is if Peyton is playing against them. Other then that I am changing the channel on all games, highlights or news of anything relating to their team.

Where will he go........seems like everyone is saying Miami or KC ........................

I say Seattle or Dallas.......

RE: Where will Peyton Manning end up? I say the Phins make the most sense but... - peytonvols18 - 03-08-2012

We he does have a home in Florida so its right up his alley. Brandon Marshall and Reggie Wayne would be a good duel threat. Thats all Marshall needs to show his true standout WR talents. Reggie Bush setups a good run game with a Good QB putting Bush in some good run situations. TE Postiton will be key Fastanso had 5TDs last year.

Arizona again would be a good matchup with Fitzgerald, Beanie Wells running game, Patrick Peterson doing work on D to put points on the board so Peyton doesnt have too! Todd Heap and Jeff King combined for 4 TDS at the TE possition.

The key in this somewhat of the TieBreaker would be Mike Pouncey Under Center in Miami. I see Peyton being in Florida for the next couple of years!!!

I would love to see Peyton go to Tennessee and play for the Titans, It would be sacreglious almost seeing Peyton play Indy 2wice a year. Dont really see that happening but that would be what I would love it to happen.