Beckett Message Boards
Biggest pull of a lifetime, and it was my first box... - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+---- Forum: Box Breaks (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-3.html)
+---- Thread: Biggest pull of a lifetime, and it was my first box... (/thread-1530104.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Biggest pull of a lifetime, and it was my first box... - Dukester - 08-29-2013

Awesome Pull of a Lifetime and That is a Wicked Card!!! Congratulations, loved reading the thread and watching the video!!!!

Congratulations!!!!

[Image: 7zvFV.png]

RE: Biggest pull of a lifetime, and it was my first box... - jdberia - 08-29-2013

(08-29-2013, 04:40 PM)KSUmarlow04 Wrote: Agreed!!! I am struggling with how to keep it safe right now until I have it slabbed. I inspected the surface, and although there are no major issues there is a tiny imperfection on the right side of the bat. Not sure if this will severely affect the grade or not.

Thanks!

I would almost be afraid to send that in the mail for slabbing out of fear that the one package that gets damaged in shipping would be that one. I would almost want to find out when and where the next BGS representatives would be in person that is within a reasonable distance. Good luck.

RE: Biggest pull of a lifetime, and it was my first box... - gagnealltheway - 08-30-2013

Man, what luck. If I had pulled that, I would be done collecting. I would have pulled THEE card! Congrats man. You have just found the Golden ticket! Run home Charlie!

RE: Biggest pull of a lifetime, and it was my first box... - DrMitchJ - 08-30-2013

(08-29-2013, 04:40 PM)KSUmarlow04 Wrote: Agreed!!! I am struggling with how to keep it safe right now until I have it slabbed. I inspected the surface, and although there are no major issues there is a tiny imperfection on the right side of the bat. Not sure if this will severely affect the grade or not.
Thanks!
I actually reached out to the VP of Sports and Entertainment division and expressed my frustrations with customer service. I wasn't trying to rush the card by any means, but they were unable to give me ANY information. From the time I e-mailed him to the time I got the card, 2 weeks!! Maybe I was being impatient, but I got my card!
Thanks!
1) keep it safe for now with an Ultra Pro one touch magnetic holder, there's a range of sizes depending on the card's thickness. Probably thicker than the 55mm or 75mm, probably need a 130mm or 180mm holder. Should cost around $2.
Two bucks to protect a $20,000 card? No-brainer. Smile When sending it to get slabbed, put rubber bands to keep the magnetic cover tight through shipping, bubble wrap and insure, insure, insure.... But I agree with whoever mentioned a 'live' Beckett grading event. There's plenty of them.

The relic imperfection shouldn't affect the card grade. They'll grade the card for surface, centering, corners, edges. They'll also grade the auto, but never saw any mention of a relic detracting from a card's grade. ... As long as the bat relic isn't infested with termitesSmile

2) if you could PM me the VP of Sports & Enttsinment's email, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

RE: Biggest pull of a lifetime, and it was my first box... - rentzington - 08-30-2013

Wow nice card it looks amazing.

Thats got to be one of the quickest redemption turn arounds ever.

RE: Biggest pull of a lifetime, and it was my first box... - petillo64 - 08-30-2013

Beautiful!!!

I'd throw it on eBay with .01 start, free shipping and no reserve!

Jk. Personally I would BIN for 20k, and accept an OBO of 15k+... Heck, I'd maybe start higher so I'd have an excuse to keep it for a while (even though that bad boy would end up in my safe deposit box)

RE: Biggest pull of a lifetime, and it was my first box... - DrMitchJ - 08-30-2013

Finally got to watch the video of the momentous occasion! Awesome! Thanks for sharing that with us!

Rhetorical question: Where in the world were girls like you when I was single!!! I don't think my wife, or any of the girls I dated would have felt the emotional enormity of opening that FedEx package like you did! If I were to get something like that in the mail, my wife would say 'oh, nice ... Another baseball card" Smile
She knows I love the Yankees (we were engaged in Yankee Stadium) and she knows the importance of Babe Ruth .... But still!!

Enjoy the card!

RE: Biggest pull of a lifetime, and it was my first box... - Razorback9 - 08-30-2013

Not only is it a Babe Ruth cut auto, but the auto it's self is flawless! I have only ever seen one other that could even compare to yours. Congrats!

RE: Biggest pull of a lifetime, and it was my first box... - n8burns - 08-30-2013

Wow. Awesome pull.

RE: Biggest pull of a lifetime, and it was my first box... - rjcj2017 - 08-30-2013

Phenomenal card!

I may be in the minority here, but are you sure you want to send it away to be slabbed or graded or whatever?

It's a 1/1 ... so whether it's graded an 8 or a 10 ... it's the only one.

I would NEVER let that card leave my sight ... the only thing I would consider would be a safe deposit box in a vault somewhere.

There are just too many things that could go wrong there.

Think about who you would be entrusting this with.

The cost alone to insure something for, say, $20,000 with USPS would be pretty significant.

Not to mention the looks and stares of the staff and anybody else in line who overhears your transaction ... you would get asked a million questions about what's inside by the staff, and that's bound to peek the curiosity of anybody that works in the building.

Seriously, once it's out of your hands and out of your sight ... it's out of your hands and out of your sight.

In no way am I trying to be a buzzkill or anything like that, but if you're worried about slabbing only for protection, it would almost be worth it to make arrangements at the Beckett facility to bring the card there yourself.

Olds or somebody could even make it a cool video for the website.

This is from ehow.com ...

"For items over $600, you must pay a base insurance price of $7.70 plus an additional $1.00 per every $100 the item is worth. For example, if you were shipping a laptop valued at $400, you would pay $5.70 for insurance. If you were shipping a laptop valued at $700, you would pay $7.70 plus an extra $1.00 for a total of $8.70 for insurance for your item. You can use your calculator to do the math if needed."

OK, so let's say you declare it at $20,000, that would be $207.70 in insurance.

Might be worth it just to buy a plane ticket and fly it there yourself.

Anyway, again, congrats on the card ... I just know as a fellow collector that I would be devastated if anything ever happened to it.