`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Biggest pull of a lifetime, and it was my first box...
Bug 
Biggest pull of a lifetime, and it was my first box...
The 2013 Topps Babe Ruth Ultimate Chase Card!!

I mean, dear Lord. Must be beginner's luck.

photo 2013BabeRuth_zps5172bfd6.jpg

2013 Babe Ruth Redemption Card photo 2013-03-02194513_zps9d3d296e.jpg

RE: First Hobby Box ever and I pulled...
I'm speechless.. It's a priceless card in my opinion.

Good luck with the sell and that's a pull of a lifetime my friend.

As far as advice.. You're gonna get a hundred offers and my only advice would be to just look at the number they are offering. Ignore the story they attach to it. Greed drives a strong train.
[Image: banner8_zpsd1d99d0d.jpg]

Collecting Brandon Beachy, Kris Medlen, Mike Minor, Julio Teheran, Andrelton Simmons and Vintage Atlanta Braves

(03-11-2013, 03:59 PM)KSUmarlow04 Wrote: The 2013 Topps Babe Ruth Ultimate Chase Card!!
I mean, dear Lord. Must be beginner's luck.
I hate you Smile just kidding ... really, really kidding .... Awesome! Freakin' awesome! That's amazing! Good luck selling it, but personally, I'd want to keep it .... at least to take a picture of me holding it! Babe Ruth's auto!!! I'd want to see it, personally. But that's just me. On the downside, knowing Topps, you might not get to see it for a year or two ... I've been waiting on a Ty Cobb game used jersey card for well over a year. Sad

BTW: Welcome to the forum!!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(03-11-2013, 04:31 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: I hate you Smile just kidding ... really, really kidding .... Awesome! Freakin' awesome! That's amazing! Good luck selling it, but personally, I'd want to keep it .... at least to take a picture of me holding it! Babe Ruth's auto!!! I'd want to see it, personally. But that's just me. On the downside, knowing Topps, you might not get to see it for a year or two ... I've been waiting on a Ty Cobb game used jersey card for well over a year. Sad

BTW: Welcome to the forum!!
Thanks for the welcome! I want to redeem it, I am just honestly scared to have it in my possession. I called Topps today and they said it was almost finished. Not sure if that is just what they are saying or if its true.

(03-11-2013, 04:30 PM)KSUmarlow04 Wrote: Thank you. I have had tons of offers but the problem is, everyone is telling me something different as to how much it is worth. How am I suppose to know when there is nothing to compare it to?
That's a really great question, and usually auctions are the way to go, but eBay might not be your best bet .... actually, I'm going to Private Message with my suggestion. ... being new to the forum, there will be a box at the top of the page alerting you to a new message, just click on it and it works just like an ordinary email.
Dr. Mitch
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

KSU = kennesaw state? I attended there in 2003-2004 before leaving for the service.

I'm currently in NJ or I'd be at some games.. The playoff game from last year still stings.

Going back to your monster..

People are gonna be telling you stories and trying to convince you their price is the best.. What you're trying to avoid is selling it and then seeing the same card on eBay from them reselling it.

Don't be in a rush to sell it and let it ride.. Keep the highest bids and if the auction runs out. Just re-list.

Or.. If it were me. I'd redeem it, take a picture of myself with it, send it to Beckett and Topps, then sell it.

Trust me.. It won't lose value.
[Image: banner8_zpsd1d99d0d.jpg]

Collecting Brandon Beachy, Kris Medlen, Mike Minor, Julio Teheran, Andrelton Simmons and Vintage Atlanta Braves

Dear 8 pound 5 ounce tiny infant Jesus. Nicest pull I have seen come from a modern product. Congratulations.

Yes, KSU. I am in no rush to sell. I want a fair price more than I want the money right now.

Appreciate all of your help!

My goodness

First off, CONGRATULATIONS! Personally I would keep it, but if I had to sell it then I would definitely not take any random offer for the card or rush to accept an offer. The first people to make offers on eBay are usually those looking to flip a card in hopes that you will just accept their offer. Also just remember that people trying to buy something are going to try and tell you it isn't worth that much because they want a better deal.
I checked eBay and saw the auction. Your asking price is definitely on the high side, but I wouldn't be surprised if you got $10-$12k for the card. As rare as the card is (after all it is a 1/1), there are still other cards you can compare it to for a reference on value. Topps has made 25 other Babe Ruth cut autographs (all but one were 1/1 and that one had 2 copies), some with memorabilia pieces and some without. The cards usually sell for around $10k. So if I had the card and needed to sell it, then I definitely wouldn't take under $10k. I also wouldn't make it a 1 week eBay listing though, as you want as much exposure to the sale as possible. Depending on which Major League player wants to buy it you might be able to get some nice perks from him along with the money to make that a worthwhile sale. That being said, I would want to make sure that the person was indeed a MLB player and not just a random person impersonating one in hopes of drawing out a sale at a lower value.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/