Beckett Message Boards
Draft day is here! - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Draft day is here! (/thread-1534200.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Draft day is here! - rogue655 - 04-26-2013

(04-26-2013, 12:28 AM)geddon81 Wrote: one good shot and his career could be in jeopardy.
Same can be said for anyone who's ever played football, ever....

RE: Draft day is here! - joe callahan13 - 04-26-2013

(04-26-2013, 12:28 AM)geddon81 Wrote: no offense to Hayden but i just feel it was a bad choice. we needed to fill the gap on the line and a CB isnt gonna do that by any means.

and his injury is a red flag, one good shot and his career could be in jeopardy.

As someone who saw 90% of Hayden's home games during his time at Houston, I can tell you.... he is a stud. And the injury is healed. It's not like a knee/shoulder or something that is a factor down the road because it's never the same. It was just a freak accident.

RE: Draft day is here! - geddon81 - 04-26-2013

to Joe,Rogue and Evan..........

ok i get it, he is good. but at the same time if we were gonna pick up a CB why didnt we just grab Millner ?

like i said i dont mean to knock on Hayden, ive seen his tapes and he is good. but at the same time Millner was a better option.

Im seriously just frustrated, im tired of the same old crap from the front office and their extremely horrible choices, Im not even gonna get into the coaches that actually had us winning that were fired and then we have a coach who has us losing and he gets to stay.

We are literally the straight up laughing stock of the NFL, have been since Jemarcus Russell.

something has to give, and once again if we were going with a CB why not Millner who is truly solid and didnt suffer a freak accident of an injury?

dang it its hard to be a raider these days. I just wish the davis family would let us go so we can move on to much much better things.

RE: Draft day is here! - bigtrip18 - 04-26-2013

(04-26-2013, 02:29 PM)geddon81 Wrote: Im seriously just frustrated, im tired of the same old crap from the front office and their extremely horrible choices, Im not even gonna get into the coaches that actually had us winning that were fired and then we have a coach who has us losing and he gets to stay.

We are literally the straight up laughing stock of the NFL, have been since Jemarcus Russell.

The Raiders made many bonehead decisions in the past. But you really have to look past 4-12 from last season. Reggie was with the Packers when we had JUST 2 losing seasons. Your starting QB is pretty darn solid, and your LT is great (from my high school no less).

The Raiders WR corps will be built, but they no longer just have to be the fastest people on the planet.

Hayden is a good CB, probably making up for a bad Mike Jenkins placement. Plus, he's more used to systems where teams air it out in Conference USA than Milliner in the SEC. Ahem Manning, Rivers, and Smith.

Calm down it's a good pick. Your GM knows what he's doing. As a proud Packer fan, I've experienced 2 Super Bowl wins, and a crap ton of wins, because of it.

RE: Draft day is here! - geddon81 - 04-26-2013

(04-26-2013, 03:57 PM)bigtrip18 Wrote: The Raiders made many bonehead decisions in the past. But you really have to look past 4-12 from last season. Reggie was with the Packers when we had JUST 2 losing seasons. Your starting QB is pretty darn solid, and your LT is great (from my high school no less).

The Raiders WR corps will be built, but they no longer just have to be the fastest people on the planet.

Hayden is a good CB, probably making up for a bad Mike Jenkins placement. Plus, he's more used to systems where teams air it out in Conference USA than Milliner in the SEC. Ahem Manning, Rivers, and Smith.

Calm down it's a good pick. Your GM knows what he's doing. As a proud Packer fan, I've experienced 2 Super Bowl wins, and a crap ton of wins, because of it.

alright alright ill calm down.

to be honest i hope im truly wrong and this kid truly tears it up and has a great career, id hope for that anyway for any player but im just saying.

and ill admit i never,until now, hoped and prayed that a Packer fan was right and im totally wrong lol.

I just cant help though but feel that we wont be truly relevant until the year 2025 lol.

RE: Draft day is here! - jeremy7269 - 04-26-2013

Geno has certainly lost a lot of his hype but if the Eagles pick him up he will get it back!

RE: Draft day is here! - evanturner12 - 04-26-2013

Geno Smith to the Jets. Let the Sanchez-Tebow drama begin!

RE: Draft day is here! - jacobystealshome - 04-26-2013

the jets now have 6 qb's under contract/drafted, none of them quality starters

wow

RE: Draft day is here! - evanturner12 - 04-26-2013

Geno is clearly the best one by default.

(04-26-2013, 06:30 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: the jets now have 6 qb's under contract/drafted, none of them quality starters

wow

RE: Draft day is here! - totally sports - 04-26-2013

[quote='evanturner12' pid='2274345' dateline='1367019137']
Geno is clearly the best one by default.
Why? because he never played a down and showed how incompetent he can be?